Thursday, May 15, 2008

Ramblings...

My sister not so politely told me to update my blog "because I'm sick of reading is it over yet". So here it is.

Same old same old going on around here. Jason chaperoned his first field trip yesterday. All the kindergarten classes went to the Red Barn Farm in Weston, Missouri. Animals, dirt, fresh air, what could be better. He said except for the 5 minutes they were given to eat their lunch, it was otherwise an enjoyable day.

He was pointing out some of the uh, what's a good word here, uh, kids that require a little more supervision. The same ones Kori talks about that act up in class, no surprise there. One of them, we'll call her "M" her mom actually supervised. Jason said EVERY question that was asked "M" would raise her hand, even though she didn't know the answer. Apparently she did this EVERY TIME. Jason said her hand was the first one to fly up in the air.

Kori then jumped in with a nice story when they were visiting with the pigs. Kori said "Farmer Kelly" was talking about the pigs when "M" raised her hand and asked "Why do pigs poop?" Farmer Kelly responded with "Why do YOU poop? We all poop". Good one Farmer Kelly, I don't think I could have been as nice. I probably would have started with "Well that's a dumb question". Good thing I was home wrestling toddlers. Kori deduced that was the "dumbest question she'd ever heard" and promptly followed that statement with a huge eye roll. Ahhhhh 6-year olds. Aren't they funny.

The whole experience wore out my husband. He was home long enough to briefly fill me in on the events of the day, show me the pictures he took and fall asleep on the couch after about 2.5 minutes. Kori and I were trying to watch Jon and Kate Plus 8, but someone, who shall remain nameless, was snoring VERY loudly and kept interrupting us. Ahhhh 37 year olds...aren't they cute.

Down to 10 days of school left. Three of those are 1/2 days...woo hoo!!!!! Can't wait until I don't HAVE to leave the house every day if I don't want to. Especially with the prices of gas.

I have retrained Kamryn to say homey not homo, well most of the time. That's probably not much of an improvement, but I'll take what I can get.

Two of the three are binky-free now which makes me very happy. Only 38 more days until vacation. Now if only the cleaning fairy would appear and whip my house into shape. Oh a girl can dream!

Ciao!

2 comments:

Muskie Mom said...

Funny field trip story--Kori sounds like a funny little 6 year-old who is wise beyond her years! I can't believe the cleaning fairy hasn't made it to your house yet, she was supposed to get there yesterday. ha-ha

Anonymous said...

*Jason, hide your eyes* GIRL! Makes ya wonder what he would do if he had to take care of four kids (3- 2 yr.olds), house, cooking,cleaning,shopping,etc. all day/ever day??
hee hee :o}