Wednesday, May 28, 2008

It Has Arrived

The last day of school is tomorrow! We survived Kindergarten! So thankful to Ms. Phillips for making the beginning of Kori's school experience so awesome! She really did have a fantastic year! It was a wonderful say to kick things off!

It seems like only yesterday we were taking her and I was trying so hard not to cry until we got back to the car. She was being so brave and I was so proud of her, yet so scared for her as well. Now here we are eight months later. She can read, she is getting so good at telling time (on a real clock not those stupid digital ones!), she can tie her shoes. She could do none of those things before school started. I can't credit school with all of them as daddy taught her the shoe tying, but it just goes to show how much a little one can change over the course of a few months. She did awesome and I am sooooooo proud of her! No behavior issues, which I didn't expect. Didn't get into trouble too often for talking to much, I was a little surprised about that one. My favorite thing hearing about her from Ms. Phillips at Parent/Teacher Conferences was that Kori wants to do the right thing and is kind and courteous to others. That always makes a parent feel proud!

Tomorrow they are getting their yearbooks and having a luau. She is excited and I am excited for her. I am going to pick her up in the afternoon and drop some "thanks for taking such great care of my child" flowers off for Ms. Phillips.

Time sure does fly!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you, Miss Kori!!

Auntie Amy is so proud! ;) I'm proud of you too, mom.