Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Memorial Day!

It's hot and humid here, that sure didn't take long to happen. We went from cool days and chilly nights to a few pleasant days before plunging into what I am lovingly calling "swamp air". Yesterday morning it rained a bit and when I got up and turned on the attic fan it was pulling in "swamp air". It quickly got turned off and on came the AC. As much as I love having the windows open and fresh air flowing through my home, once the humidity hits, the deal is off!

It rained again last night and this morning and now the sun is out, making more muggy's. I despise humidity!

Today for our Memorial Day celebration we, drumroll please...took my parents to
...
...
...
...
...
...
WALMART!

Fun huh? Not really, but they needed to go, I saved up my stuff that I needed to get since they needed me to drive them and off we went. Thankfully it wasn't too crowded.

I pushed Kamryn and Morgan in a two-seater cart, and Kori hitched a ride sometimes too, while my mom handled a cart with Alexis. My dad was on his own in a motorized cart...he's a speed demon, much to Kori's delight!

Anyway, that was our fun day. We grabbed some McDonald's on the way home and after eating the trio took a short nap.

Jason has off-duty this evening, so it's just the girls, my bum knee and I.

It's bath night and I'm dreading the kneeling part. It's not going to be pleasant. I was awake until 4:30 this morning with it. I might have to perch my not so small rearend on the side of the tub for the bathing portion. That should be interesting.

That's about it for us today. I am blah as I am sore and tired, causing a headache. The girls are having a tea party so they are entertained, for now.

Anyway, a big thanks to past and current military personnel for allowing my family to have the freedom and opprotunities that we do! We appreciate your efforts and sacrifices greatly!!!! God bless you all!!!!!

0 comments: