Monday, May 26, 2008

The Children...

in my life are my world! I know there are times that I must not sound like that is the case, but truly they are! Not only mine, but my niece and nephew as well (even though Cody is at the age where he is cool and I am dorky, I love him anyway. I keep telling him someday he'll appreciate my "coolness"). The kids in my life are wonderful and fill my heart with warmth and love!

Tonight I planted some flowers and was watering them when Kamryn kept sticking her hands in the water. So I started getting her a little wet. Oh no, she loved it! Then came Morgan. When I first got her, she held her breath for a second and made the funniest face, then started chanting "More, more!" Well Alexis was not going to miss out so here she came. She was marching through the yard with her knees going so high I thought for sure they'd bang into her little chest. Kori joined in and it was a party.

My sister, brother-in-law and niece stopped by enroute to get some ice cream and boy did Mallory want to join in. Her mean mommy said no though! Boooooo for mean mommies! (Love ya B!) Anyway she tiptoed up to me and whispered to me (so her mommy couldn't hear) "Get me Aunt Mi-Mi". It was tempting but I didn't want to have to run from her mom with my bad knee and all. Maybe another time cause I am NOT scared of her mommy! :-) She was so cute when they got there too telling me her whole name, first, middle and last. It sounds so cute! The kid is a mess I tell ya! But a good mess and I love her!

My girls would have played in the hose for hours I'm sure. I grabbed some towels and stripped everyone down in the garage before we retreated to the house for baths. It was fun! The giggles and squeals are infectious and can make my heart feel like it is going to burst! Can't wait to do it again!

Better retreat to bed. My knee is throbbing and I have some more book to read. We're down to 3 half days of school left too! Woo hoo! I am ready for Summer vacation!!!!!! Oh yeah, Kori is too. :-)

0 comments: