Monday, May 19, 2008

Allow Me To Ramble

Well we're down to 7 days left of school. Four more days this week and three half days last week. Kori has already said she will miss her friends and Ms. Phillips. That's nice to hear. I will not miss HAVING to get in the car, unless I WANT to. No rushing to get things done in time for bedtime. I'm sure after a while I'll be ready for the bickering, whining, complaining to end, but for now I am ready for the challenge.

Tomorrow Jason goes to school to give a "Community Heroes" presentation to all of the Kindergarten classes about being a police officer. Kori could not be more excited. I think she'd bust if it were possible. I am glad he is doing it. It will be great for both of them.

Wednesday she takes a limo ride to the local Pizza Hut for a pizza lunch as a reward for a fund raiser done sometime back. She's super thrilled about that too.

Thursday is field day. My sister is keeping the little girls for me (thank you Aunt Becky) so that I can go and volunteer. It's from 9:30-11:30. Should be interesting, I'll keep it at that.

Next week is full of fun activities and with it being 1/2 days, the time will fly by. Can't believe she's done with Kindergarten already. I know I was just taking her on the first day and crying as I pulled away without her. Wow, time sure flies.

The little girls and I headed to Sam's today. They were cooperative and we needed diapers, so off we went. Things were going well. We stopped in the bakery section to pick up cupcakes for Kori's snack tomorrow when we happened upon three ladies who were so thrilled to see "real live triplets". Has anyone seen any other type lately??? They were nice ladies, but a bit loud and invasive of ones personal space. Two of my three were none-to-happy about that either. Kamryn started to tear up after a bit. Alexis tried hiding her eyes, but that didn't work so she soon booked a one way trip to Tearville with Kamryn. Morgan just looked at them as if to say "Please remove yourself from my personal space". They really were nice and inquisitive but the in-your-faceness put my little ones off a bit. So from then on I had two walkers and one rider. Oh joy! Thankfully they followed along nicely and didn't make a scene. We made it home with our diapers, cupcakes, and a few other necessities. Ahhhh success! Each time I attempt a trip "alone" I want to shout "I DID IT" from the rooftops. That would only further prove, to those that don't already know, that I am slightly mental.

0 comments: