Friday, February 22, 2008

Seriously...

No school again today. I'm not sure why, unless the side streets around town are worse off than they are here in my subdivision. Oh well, Kori was once again thrilled. So for those keeping track, with the holiday on Monday, she had school two whole days this week.

I did get a chuckle this morning. At 6:12 a.m. the phone rang. It was Kori's school notification system calling to let us know that school was canceled. I hear Jason in the shower getting ready for off-duty. I think to myself, hmmmmm better check the news to see if the school district where he was heading to go to off-duty was having school. Uh no they weren't. I pop my head into the bathroom and tell him to cancel the shower his schools are closed too. His reply "Well then what the hell am I doing in here?" Beats me, should've checked the news I guess. I got a little giggle. We watched a little of the news before turning off the TV and getting some more sleep.

I had a rather enjoyable experience today. I went to the laundromat. Nothing is wrong with my washer and dryer, but I needed to wash my king size down comforter. I figured they have those big ol' commercial washer and dryers so why not. I borrowed Jason's IPOD (loaded with a VERY eclectic musical selection I might add), my book, my laundry supplies and comforter, a pocket full of quarters and I was off.

It wasn't very crowded and I quickly got to business. I had a lovely time reading and listening to some tunes in peace. Well as peaceful as a laundromat can be. I told Jason it was a rather enjoyable experience. He informed me not to get any ideas as he would become super suspicious if I started disappearing to the laundromat 2-3 times a week. What a good idea! I wouldn't want to do it all the time as lugging laundry back and forth would become tedious in a hurry I'm quite certain, but for the occasional comforter and some added peace, who can complain? So my comforter is white again (a dumb color with 4 kids, 1 dog and 1 cat I might add) my peace has been restored and I actually read a few chapters in a book, a real book that doesn't contain rhyming words, pictures, Muppet's, or flaps to be lifted. Life is good!

Off to check my homemade chicken pot-pie! Yummy!

0 comments: