Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Bath Time

It's insanity at it's best! I do all four girls in my big ol' jacuzzi tub. It should be used for something right? I won't be lounging in it full of bubbles anytime soon. If I cram everyone in Kori's tub it's just a mess and the bathroom is way too tiny to dry and diaper, dress etc. So my tub it is. The girls absolutely LOVE taking baths! No matter the mood, it invokes cheering, squealing, general happiness all around. I'll take it.

Well Kori is 6 so she's a bit more, uh what's the word here? Persnickety, yes that's perfect. It goes something like this:

Kori: (Insert baby who is closest to her's name) don't touch me. I don't want you sitting over here by me. Move. Scoot over.
Me: Kori, please stop.

Kori: But I don't want her sitting here so close to me. (I don't know if she's noticed that she's in a tub with three other kids, but hey, whatever).
Me: Well it's kind of hard for no one to sit by or touch you. Please stop it.

Kori: OOOOOOOOH what is that floating in the water?????? (Said VERY loudly!)
Me: Huh? Where?

Kori: That, right THERE!!! (Loudly!)
Me: Kori I don't see anything.

Kori: Well I saw something. Was it a turd crumb?
Me: I don't think so. No one had any turds in their diapers to make said crumbs.

Kori: Huh?
Me: Nevermind, please stop.

Kori: (Squirts one or all of the girls in the face with tub toy -- has been told at least 1,234,406,231,927,231 times NOT to do that!)
Me: Kori, please don't squirt your sisters.

Kori: OOOOOOOOOOOOh (insert applicable name here) has a booger. Get it! Get it! Ooooh get it before it gets on me. (Duh you just shot them in the face with water, causing them to sputter, cough and gasp, which occasionally will cause a booger to be set free!!!)
Me: Okay, hold on a second. (Drying hands to get Kleenex).

Kori: Ooooooh hurry mommy hurry.
Me: Kori it's not an attack booger, you'll be fine. Please stop.

Kori: Whew! You got it.
Me: They don't call me the booger wrangler for nothing.

Kori: Huh?
Me: Nothing, start washing.

Then it's drying, coralling, wrestling, lotioning, diapering, dressing, hair combing, resting, drinking, uh, I mean picking up, wiping all the splashed water up. Bath time is over! Woo hoo! We survived another one.

This is just a peek at how it goes. It's usually filled with this type of drama if you will. When Jason is off or home he is the dresser/hair comber after I dry and lotion them. We call him the "dressing station". I always say "please proceed to the dressing station" and they toddle off to daddy.

While they are busy and can be stressful, they are all mine and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Time to work on my signature ice cream flavor I think...

1 comments:

Liz said...

The "turd crumb" comment was classic. Made me laugh out loud here at the office. Just when I feel stressed about my life I read your blog and I feel a little better!