Monday, February 4, 2008

Goose Egg

While the trio had a super day, Kori had an "incident" at school. Apparently she was in P.E. and they were playing a game. Well in the course of said game Kori and David, a boy in her class, collided and crashed heads into one another. The P.E. teacher did not send Kori to the nurse because "he didn't think I needed an ice pack". Apparently the substitute (Kori's teacher was out sick today) didn't agree and sent Kori. The nurse called the house and talked to Jason as I had already left to pick her up from school.

Jason said the nurse told her that there was a mark by her eye and that she put ice on it and sent her back to class. Well it was towards the end of the day, so I figured, no biggie. Well she came out and her hair was blowing in the breeze and I got a glimpse of some bluish type bruising. Well once she got in there's a knot about the size of a ping-pong ball with a blue and purple bruise around it. She said it was sore and she had a headache. No kidding! It got more and more purple and blue as the night progressed but her headache went away. It only hurt if she frowned or touched it. I advised her to resist the urge to do either.

Daddy convinced her it was going to look "cool" all blue and purple as she was a bit apprehensive about it at first.

I asked her if she cried and she said "Yes a lot. It hurt very badly and I wanted you to be there for me". Oh my breaking heart! I gave her lots of hugs and kisses and she assured me a strawberry shake would make it feel somewhat better. She likes the ones from QuikTrip so off we went on our way home. Hey, a shake an hour or so before dinner never killed anyone right? I'm sure it's just what the doctor ordered!

I took pictures and will try and post them tomorrow.

0 comments: