Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

Hallmark's dream, my husbands nightmare. Thankfully for him it's a holiday I dislike greatly, so I expect nothing. I got some flowers yesterday which was nice. He's working off-duty today but will be home in a bit. We'll have dinner, watch some tube, play with the girlies. Pretty standard evening for us.

Kori is on the mend. Her fever has been gone since this morning, which is great! Took her to the doctor yesterday to be told, after swabbing her for strep and influenza (both negative thank goodness) that it was viral and just had to run it's course. She'd been so sick, I'm just glad she is feeling better. I hate having sick kiddos! She's been in bed pretty much all week. Yesterday was the most she'd been up and around. Today she's been working on homework and bumming because she missed her Valentine's party at school. I have assured her there will be more.

I was in charge of the craft and drinks for the party so I took them up to her school yesterday when I got her missed work. I felt bad I couldn't be there to help, but motherly duty calls huh?

So I'm off to finish up dinner. Nothing says I love you on Valentine's Day like a frozen Stouffer's lasagne huh? Well I "dressed" it up with some garlic bread and a salad, so that will have to do. I think I'll throw some monkey bread in the oven. Jason and the girls love that.

So to you all...Happy Heart Day!

0 comments: