Wednesday, February 27, 2008

On A Lighter Note

The kids are absolutely hysterical most of the time. I hear giggling from the living room a couple of days ago and look down (I was in the kitchen) to see Morgan laying atop poor Alexis (10-pounds lighter by the way) giving her a great big ol' "Mongo" (her nickname) hug! Alexis was loving it! Patting her back and egging her on. Morgan is the most loving kid, most of the time. She bumped her head the other day and while crying immediately ran to Kamryn for a hug to make herself feel better.

Morgan can also say "love you". It sounds like "lub ewe" and it will just melt your heart, I don't care who you are. She said it first to Jason a couple of weeks ago as he was leaving for work. It was hard for Mr. Tough Police Sergeant Guy to disguise the mistiness of his eyes on that one. She's now added names to it. "Lub ewe momma, lub ewe Kori, lub ewe daddy". Sooooo sweet! She also says "Who wants eat" when it's time to eat. It's a riot, she has such a deep funny voice when she does it. She also subs in bye-bye, night-night, Elmo when it's time to leave, go to bed, or watch an Elmo DVD (one of their absolute FAVES!!!)

Kamryn adds new words to her vocabulary every day. Her version of chocolate is too cute! "Cho-cat". She also says "fow-la" for flower and it gets a giggle from me every time. They are so dang cute. She has picked up the word fart as well, or as she says it "faht". Cute, but totally not appropriate. She totally busts anyone out who's done it too. Sometimes it's just "Ewwwww", but often it's "Ewwww Le-Li (Alexis) faht". Oh my goodness, how to not giggle at that takes some creativity. We're working on toot as I think that's more appropriate. She's a mocking bird so we're careful what we say.

Alexis is the least verbal of the three but she does her fair share of talking. She loves to give hugs and gives the best ones! (Shhh don't tell anyone!) She wraps her little arms around your neck and just puts her whole tiny body into it. So sweet! She'll kiss anyone but me too. I ask for one and get the sweetest little "Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo". What's a mom to do? She is best friends with our cat. I often find her cuddled up in the recliner with him. She doesn't pester or disturb him (only when she first gets up there and gets RIGHT in his face to say "Hi kiiiiiy" (silent t on that one). She gently scoots him over and sits motionless next to him. Very sweet!

Their favorite trick is to lay on there tummies on the fireplace ledge (is that a hearth?) and slide off. It's too cute. Since it's only a few inches off the ground I allow it as I don't think they can get hurt too badly. Choosing my battles on that one!

As for Kori, she's a riot too! Her sense of humor at time is so perfect and full of comedic timing! She is very dramatic as well (takes after Aunt Margaret) and often proclaims several times a week that either daddy and I have just "ruined her life" at that moment. Thankfully it quickly passes. Kori is the "cuss police". She always has been. There's no slipping up in front of her. She'll bust you out quick! Which is not a bad thing. Unless your Aunt Becky. Aunt Becky has a little bit of a potty mouth to put it mildly. I used to make her pay Kori a quarter for every cuss word when Kori was smaller. I think she added enough to pay for at least one year of Kori's college at a fine college, so that had to quit. A couple of weeks ago while riding in the car Aunt Becky let the B-word slip. Kori from the back seat quickly pipes up "Awwww Aunt Becky you said B-S-T!!!" I couldn't help it I laughed like a loon. She also uses A-S-T as well. Now everyone has kind of picked up on it and we sub the spellings in like that, it's too funny! She gets to exasperated with the boys at school too. "They can be so dumb mom". Duh, they don't improve with age either honey. I do however somehow manage to contain myself and refrain from telling her that. If only I'd kept my vow...no men, only cats. Shucks!

So that's a kiddo update if you wanted one...and one even if you didn't. They are so funny! There are still times every day that I look at them all and wonder where such beautiful, funny, smart little creatures came from. I also wonder non-stop how I got so LUCKY!

0 comments: