Monday, February 11, 2008

Dear Germs

This is an open letter to you to get the heck out of my house and don't return for a VERY long time. I've seen enough of you this cold and flu season and I've definitely had my fill.

Signed,

One Very Tired Nurse Mommy

All kidding aside this morning Kori woke me up about 7:30. Said her tummy and throat hurt. I feel her head and sure enough it's very warm. Give her some Tylenol, tuck her back in bed and call the school attendance line to let them know she will be out sick today.

She eats a couple of waffles for breakfast and says her throat is still sore. She just lounges the morning away. She played her Leapster a bit but mostly just lounged in bed watching TV. She ate some lunch and seemed to perk up a bit until around 4:30.

At that point she said she was very tired and just wanted to rest. Strangely odd for my child. She will go, go, go usually, even if she's not feeling great. I check on her after a few minutes and she's just laying in bed. No TV on, nothing. I try to feed her dinner but it's a no-go. She's not hungry, nothing sounds good, just so very tired and wants to rest. I make a deal with her that I won't pester her about eating as long as she drinks for me. Deal. Some water in her makes me feel a little better. Around 6:30 she's about asleep so I tell her that I'm going to go and give the trio their bath and I will be back ASAP. She acknowledges and rolls over. Says her tummy hurts. Doesn't feel sick, just hurts. She is pale with flushed cheeks. In mommy-prep mode I give her her wastebasket, just in case. It's safely stored beside her bed.

Check on her about 7:00 after splash-fest, I mean the trio's bath. She's totally unaware I've even given them their bath and she's just really out of it. I give her Motrin. After about 45 minutes she perks up a little. Eats 1/2 a piece of toast and then some yogurt. Not much, but I'll take when she'll give me. About 9:30 she's ready for stories and sleep. Gave her Tylenol before bed thinking it will keep fever at bay. No such luck. I just checked on her as I was giving Kamryn her binkie for the 5th time and she's burning up. More Motrin. Sigh...I am so tired of germs.

The worst thing about being a mommy is sick kids. Not having to take care of them, just seeing them so sick. I hate it. Wish I could be sick instead of them.

Keeping my fingers crossed the littles don't get it.

I'm exhausted. There was some family drama with my nephew yesterday. He's safe and fine now, but it was stressful for a bit on Sunday. Too much grumping between him and my brother. He left, called my mom, I picked him up and brought him home with me so that he and Jeff could both cool off. Had to get him up at 6:00 a.m. for school today so he'd be ready when Becky got here to take him. Slept poorly before that. For some reason my girls have been waking up a lot between the three of them for about the last three weeks. It's not uncommong I'm up several times a night soothing or giving Kamryn her binkie that she can never seem to see laying just a few feet from her.

Now today tending to a sick one, three active ones, alone, I am tired. But not asleep because I worry too much. I hate fevers. I have fevers that don't react to anti-fever meds. I hate drama.

I need a V-8. My mom wears on my patience sometimes. I love her dearly and don't know what I'd ever do without her, but some days she makes me feel like I can't do a thing right. I know that's not the case, but when your already having a crappy week, it just makes it seem to be the case. Today was a "I'll Say Black, You Say White" kind of day. I hate those days.

I pray that the girls finally sleep without waking anymore tonight. I pray that Kori is feeling better. I pray a lot...God is probably tired of hearing from me. It's the only way I get through I think some days.

Jason put in for a new job, but didn't get it. A little bummed but not surprised. It would have been days for a month and then 4-12 for a month rotating back and forth. I'm just so sick of nights I can't see straight. It has officially been a year since he put in his transfer and nothing. I'm tired of only having his nights off to spend time with him. I'm just grumpy all together, as you can probably tell, but I truly am sick of nights.

While I'm grumbling, do you ever feel invisible? Most of the time I feel talked at, never really talked to by most. Now granted, I stay home with three toddlers and interact mostly with my 6-year old, my sister and my mom. Man I sound pathetic. Friends, except a couple, pretty much disappeared once they heard I was having triplets. No loss, they apparently weren't real friends anyway. That being said, I know I don't have a lot to offer as far as conversation goes. But sometimes I'd like for someone to talk TO me. Listen to what I have to say. Man I'm in a mood...I'm going to bed.

Tomorrow will be better, tomorrow will be better, tomorrow will be better...

0 comments: