Sunday, February 17, 2008

A Date!

Holy smokes, Jason and I went on a date last night! We saw a movie, that was not rated G, or PG! We ate some food that was OURS to eat and we each wiped our own mouths! Unbelievable! We also had a couple of drinks that did not contain kiddy ingredients! It was a great night! It was nice to reconnect. I actually wore real clothes, nothing that remotely resembled sweat pants or a sloppy old t-shirt. And shoes....hello! I wore my high heeled boots that I haven't worn in ages! Look out feet! I thought that would be miserable after only a few minutes, but that was not to be the case, thank goodness! So all in all it was a great night and I was so thankful to have the opprotunity to do it! We are going to try to do it again before the trio turn 5. :-) Thanks for Ashli and Emily for providing our babysitting services! Tis a wonderful thing to find teenage girls wiling to hook a couple up! We left after putting the trio down, confident that A and E could handle them after that. Kori was up for about another hour before going to bed, so all was well at the Rusley house.

Kori has recovered from her illness last week. It was a long time coming and I am so thankful to have her back and feeling better! I HATE having sick kids!

Jason headed back to work tonight. I sent him off with a full belly and a full lunch box for work. He requested backed ziti pasta, but with chicken and alfredo sauce instead of hamburger and red sauce like I usually do. I made myself a small batch of homemade vegetable soup as I am the only one who truly likes it...well the trio does and they will have it for lunch tomorrow. Jason and Kori, not such big fans of it. I also made a homemade apple pie that was super yummy!

NASCAR season got started with the Daytona 500 so all was right with the world for me today! Rejuvenated from date night, satisified with good food and racing to boot! What more could a girl ask for!

0 comments: