Friday, February 1, 2008

Another Conversation...

Kori came home from school on Wednesday proclaiming that it was going to snow "a lot and we aren't going to have school tomorrow". I told her the weather can be tricky (our weathermen almost NEVER get it right) and not to count on it. She went to bed quite assured that it would snow and school would be off. She was looking forward to how she would occupy her time on her snow day.

Thursday morning came and I looked outside. NOT A SINGLE FLAKE! What? How could that be? There was to be anywhere from 1-8 inches, depending on which "weather" person you had watched the previous night.

I go down to wake Kori up and our conversation went like this:

Me: Good morning, time to get up.
Kori: Huh?

Me: It's time to get up. (I open her blinds a smidge to coax her out of her warm cocoon and give her a kiss on the cheek).
Kori: Mom didn't you get THE message?

Me: What message?
Kori: The one where my school calls and said it's closed due to the snow. (Said in a very condescending "duh mom" type manner). (Kori's school has an automated notification system that calls when school is closed by the way).

Me: Nope, it didn't snow Kori, school is still on.
Kori: Not even a little bit?

Me: Not one sincle flake.
Kori: (VERY aggitated) Oh man, I hate our stinkin' weather people they never get it right. This stinks!

She grudgingly got up and got going. I told her that a valuable lesson had been learned. The weather is unpredictable and don't count on snow days until you know for sure it's snowing. She just looked at me and rolled her eyes before heading off to the bathroom.

I just snickered...I love being right.

0 comments: