Sunday, February 17, 2008

Did YOU Know???

That Walmart price matches? I knew most stores did on items like electronics etc. What I did not know is that you can bring every ad from every store in town and get items at Walmart for the other stores advertised sale prices. How did I find this out? Well let me tell you!

Saturday morning the gang (that's Jason and the girls and I) head off for Walmart. The plan is to get there, get our stuff, get home, get lunch, naps for the girls so they'd go down for bed at a decent hour so we could begin "Date Night" (see previous post). Well we got there, got our stuff, got in line, all was good. No crying, screaming, shrieking, melting down, nothing. It was going goooooooood. UNTIL we got in line. There weren't many checkout lanes open, no surprise there. We had to get in lane #15 because that's where the electronics people sent Jason's new video game to so he could pay for it up there. So there we were. We were in line just after noon. At 12:20 we're still in line and not moving much. The girls are still doing pretty good considering but Morgan is getting a bit restless, who can blame her? So Jason gets her out of the stroller and and holds her. That's good for a few minutes. Then he lets her walk some. Alexis is now voicing a little displeasure. It's now about 12:30 or so. I figure out what the lady in front of us is doing. She has a whole cart full of stuff, a million ads and she's getting her stuff for cheaper than the rest of us. Kudos to her for going through the effort to do that. Boo to her for doing it on a busy Saturday morning. Morgan has been returned to the stroller. She is entertaining herself with the zipper from Alexis' jacket. Alexis is "chatting" with an employee who was entertained with them. Kamryn is playing with a square container of gum because the noise was entertaining her. Finally at 12:40 we get to check out. Mrs. Price Comparer is off with her basket of goodies for just over $130.00. I would have given her the difference to get the hell out of my way. I politely and with just a hint of sarcasm inform the checker that I am sure that my stuff is on sale SOMEWHERE and I think I can come up with some sale prices for him. He chuckles and says that same lady comes in every week and does the same thing. I made a mental note to scan her face forever in my memory so I NEVER make the mistake of getting in line behind her again. She had SIX boxes of Cheerios...OH MY SOUL!!!!!!! What is she going to do with SIX boxes? Well her cholesterol will go down and her heart health will go up...at least that's what the commercial says. **Sigh** I hate Walmart!

I would like to note that I had to add a dollar or so to my total because Kamryn got the protective plastic covering off of the container of gum I had given her to entertain herself with. Rats! I was going to just put it back and forget it happened, it would serve Walmart right. But that's not right and that's not the person I am. So I am now the proud owner of some Strawberry gum that is fortified with ecchinacea (to fight of germs) and green tea for added zing. Great! Wrong! It tastes like sh*$!!!! Great, $1.00+ for gum I didn't need or want, that I now have and it tastes...well it tastes bad. Lets just leave it at that! I hate Walmart!

Whew! We're on our way out. Only one problem...Morgan doesn't want to give up Alexis' jacket as she's having a great time with the zipper. Well rats! Too bad, cause it's too cold to go out without jackets on. So we pry the zipper/jacket from her and get it on Alexis who doesn't want it on. Get Morgan's coat on and off we go. Morgan and Alexis are screaming at the top of their lungs voicing their displeasure. I am pushing our cart full of goodies and Kamryn. Jason is behind me pushing the screaming banshees and Kori is walking beside me with her sack (she got a new Hannah Montana barbie playset) over her face proclaming "This is soooooo embarassing!". Me being the mom of 4 kids, triplets no less, I put on my best smile and get the hell out of dodge.

**Sigh** Did I say how much I HATE Walmart?

1 comments:

Muskie Mom said...

I'm with you on the hating Wal*Mart thing! Your story did have me chuckling--I could picture you all waiting in line, trying to keep the kids entertained. I have a hard time with check-out lines and I only have one toddler! You are SuperMom!