Friday, July 18, 2008

Unusual

Today is Friday, hooray! No work for Jason, no off-duty either, can it be? Whatever will we do?

Well Kori decided that she was going to my parents for some spoiling and a break from her sisters. My dad had a doctor's appointment so her and I headed to the library before she left so we could get her some more books. One more list to complete and she's fulfilled the maximum level in the summer reading program! She's like her mommy, she loves to read!

Jason dropped her off and ended up helping my dad with a couple things around the house. When he got back and the trio got up from their nap we headed to Walmart. I needed to get Kori's school supplies (already, can it be???) and Jason needed a few things as well.

Afterwards we decided we'd head to Longhorn for some dinner. The girls were well rested and in good moods so heck why not! There was a short wait but they kept themselves happy with their little containers of Goldfish crackers. We waited in the vestibule area because the inside was full and neither Jason or I felt like wrangling two year olds for 15-25 minutes to keep them from running into oncoming traffic in the parking lot. The vestibule it was. Jason could watch the baseball game on TV and the girls were happy as can be. They turned the heater that is used in the winter into seats and there they sat, happily munching their Goldfish. Oblivious to the fact that they were on display for everyone who entered and exited to see.

The comments started right away. The standard: Uh oh, triple trouble. Wow, you've got your hands full! TRIPLETS? (Said in a LOUD shrieking tone). WOW! Oh man!

We also had the dumb ones: Are they twins? (Uh no, that would be TWO not THREE). All girls? (Yes they are all wearing earrings and lavender shirts, not to mention the sandals with big flowers on them). Do you sleep? (No but it's because I have insomnia not triplets). Jason's favorite was the lady who walked by and said, "Oh my goodness you have TWINS???" He replied, "Nope, triplets, that's why there's three of them".

There was a lady that came out with her son. She quickly told us that little Sebastian was one. She then crouched next to the heater/seat the girls were occupying started talking to Sebastian about how he was looking at THREE girlfriends! "Not ONE, not TWO, but THREE!" She was loud and slightly strange. Alexis was a bit uneasy but she stuck it out, for now. She went on and on about how she could have used the girls as a distraction an hour ago. Apparently little S wasn't being so cooperative during dinner. She then said, "Look Sebastian, this is Sabrina (she taps Alexis on her head), Lilly (taps Kamryn) and Tabitha (taps Morgan) aren't they sweet!" Jason and I are now looking at each other as if to say, huh? Anyway, we clarify their real names and Alexis has had enough of S's mom invading her personal space. She bolts across the vestibule and hides behind my leg. I can't blame her, I was about to do the same to Jason and hide behind his leg. This woman was getting weirder by the minute. S had lost interest in the girls and was wandering in circles. Thankfully her friends/family came out and they were on their way. On her way out the door she hollers "Oh, by the way, GOOD LUCK!" Uh, ok. Thank you? Did she mean good luck with dinner? With the kids behaving? With the service? The weather? Aliens invading from Mars? Weird!

We're pretty used to it, so no big deal. Until out came an older lady and her husband. She commented to the girls that her grandson just LOVES Goldfish crackers. So do 2,335,081,993,720 other kids in America and probably worldwide but whatever. She then proceeds to say, "Triplets, OH MY GOD! Oh honey, I feel sorry for you!!!" My reply, "Please don't it's not necessary, my children are healthy and beautiful, and well behaved as you can see, we really don't need your pity". Jason stifled a giggle as I looked at him and rolled my eyes. Did that stop her? Nope, as she's leaving she says, "Well at least you don't have to have anymore since you have enough?" Enough what? Kids? Heck she doesn't know that I was missing one. Who is to say three kids is enough? I can have as many kids as I want (I don't want more but I hate people implying they know what is right for me and my family). I mean I have four kids, not 18 or however many that Duggar family are up to now.

I just get soooo frustrated sometimes when people open their mouths without thinking.

Anyway thankfully we were beckoned to our table via the vibrating light-up coaster/pager thing. The girls were awesome and ate so great! We got LOTS of compliments on how well behaved they were so it was fine. Even better I didn't have to cook!

Can't wait to see what Saturday brings!

0 comments: