Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy Fourth of July!

Well I know it's about over, but I'm still up so it's still the 4th to me. It was a nice day today! The weather was so pretty! Nice to have a day where the humidity wasn't 2000%.

Jason worked off-duty at Worlds of Fun for their festivities. So since my brother-in-law was working there too, Becky and Mallory came and hung out with us. Before Jason left we grilled out steaks, chicken and hot dogs. We had corn on the cob, baked potatoes, salad and cottage cheese. For dessert there was strawberries and pound cake and my sister made a cake too, which was yummy!

We did some swimming too. We got our pool up and everyone decided to get in it after eating. That was interesting. The littlest of the girls forget that they have to stand up and remain standing otherwise they will go under water. Becky and I did lots of "water rescues" to keep everyones heads above water. After 30-minutes or so we couldn't handle anymore, well our nerves couldn't anyway so they got out. Not to mention Alexis and Kamryn were a nice shade of purple.

After some nice warm baths we did a few fireworks. Lame, kid friendly ones. Well except for the one that Becky sent flying under the neighbors car. Oops! No harm done though.

We hit Sonic for some drinks and ice creams and then headed to Worlds of Fun to watch their fireworks. They were pretty and the girls all enjoyed them. They enjoyed getting to see their dad too! It's funny to watch their little faces light up when they see them. Mallory was the same way when she spied her daddy. It's so sweet to watch.

Afer a few more fireworks when we got home, everyone was more than ready for bed. Poor Mallory didn't even make it to the end of our street.

It was a nice day. Relaxing, not realy. Not much in my life is relaxing much these days, but that's okay. Plenty of time to relax when my girls are older and less dependant. I must enjoy these days now, while they still "need" me.

0 comments: