Saturday, July 12, 2008

Cinderella

Today I cleaned. Not just semi-cleaned, or halfway cleaned. I got down into it, hands and knees, elbow grease, down to the baseboards, like I was working for the evil step mother type of cleaning.

With summer here, Kori home for summer break, vacation, three two year olds, a non-stop sinus infection since April, it was in need of some TLC. The extras that I do had been forgotten and needed help so I jumped in. I was actually in the mood so that helped.

I wiped down all the railings and spindles in the kitchen. Removed the boosters and cleaned them. (Man those kids can be messy!) Wiped down the sides and legs of the kitchen table and chairs. (Did I mention the messy eaters I have?) Dusted all the bird houses on the tops of my cabinets.

I scrubbed, dusted, fluffed, degreased, spot removed, crawled, swept, mopped, vaccumed, you name it, I did it.

All the floors that are moppable (that is NOT a word, I know, but I'm using it anyway) have been hand mopped. Thankfully it's only three bathrooms, the kitchen and the entry way tile. I did windows, ceiling fans, baseboards. I'm sure there are some unhappy homeless spiders around here.

I started around 11:30 this morning and finished at 10:15 tonight. Now mind you I had to stop to help tend to the kiddos and such, but I worked like a dog to get everything done and spotless.

I know that it will only last a short amount of time before it is wrecked, but for now, my inner Zen has been restored and I am happy. The windows and floors are gleaming. It smells nice. What more can I ask for?

So today I played Cinderella and I am okay with that. Kori even remarked over how nice everything looked before she went to bed.

I still have a bit of laundry to finish up and I think tomorrow night I'll do some ironing so I don't have to stand there for 3-hours in a couple of weeks ironing and cursing to myself for getting behind.

But for now, it's clean, and I am happy, tired, but still happy.

0 comments: