Saturday, July 5, 2008

ANOTHER Surgery

Counting my c-section in June of 2006, I will be having my 4th surgery on July 22nd. I am OVER having surgeries. (Although my sister is convinced I use them to get a break. Isn't she funny!)

I went to the Ear/Nose/Throat doctor on Tuesday. Apparently I have LOTS of things wrong with my sinuses. The cysts they found during my CT scan on 6/19 were just the tip of the ice berg. So on July 22nd, I will be having nasal septal reconstruction, submucosal resection of the inferior turbinates and partial resection of the middle turbinates. I will also be having a bone spur shaved off. OUCH! Of all the surgeries I have had, I am dreading this one the most. It just sounds sooooo painful.

The recovery isn't too bad. No bending/heavy lifting for a couple of days. If all goes well after a few days I should be feeling better. After having suffered through five sinus infections (including the one I have now that won't go away) and over 30 days of antibiotics since April 10th, I will try just about anything to get some relief and feel better. It's affected my sleeping, my mood, my energy level. I am OVER being sick and feeling miserable all the time.

So that's what's up with that. Blach, I hate surgery!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are going to see Matt & Christy 7-18 to 7-23 but I'll be available after that for "whatever" you might need. xoxox Liz