Monday, July 28, 2008

Allow Me To...

Ramble. I feel so out of touch with everyone and everything. I am feeling somewhat better and if the congestion would leave it would make the pressure in my face and head go away, I would feel so much better.

The "walk in the park" surgery that I had, was everything but a walk in the park. It was very painful and I was not prepared for that. My dad had the same surgery last year and he bounced right back. Well he had the slightly abbreviated version of what I had. He only had a couple procedures done at once, I had five. Maybe I shouldn't have listened to him so much when he assured me that it was a piece of cake.

The first 24 hours was horrendous. The packing and shunts in my nose made life unbearable, to say the least. Thank goodness for Darvocet. Foreign objects should never be shoved into your nasal passages, it's just not normal. Once they were out, it was somewhat better in that I didn't have anything shoved up my nose. The congestion though. I mean, total and complete congestion. No breathing at all. Not fun.

I called the doctor today and his nurse said I could use some Afrin to relieve some of it, and while it hasn't helped a whole lot, a little is better than nothing. I go back to see the doctor on Thursday to see how things are going.

On to other things.

We learned on Saturday that the brother of a friend of ours passed away as the result of injuries received in an ATV accident. He was only 38 and leaves behind a wife and two small children. Very sad.

We also learned the brother of a former co-worker of both Jason and I had passed away after a brief, but brave battle with cancer. It was a very rare kind and was Stage 4 when it was discovered. He was only 32 years old and also leaves behind a wife and two small children.

So to the Meyer and Selock families, know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. I know the loss of a sibling and it is rough! Somedays it's hard to imagine putting one foot in front of the other, but you must, they would want you to.

Jason is gearing up for a "guys weekend at the lake" this weekend. He will leave on Friday morning and return on Sunday afternoon. Probably good for him to get away. He's done a good job in extra help this week with the girls since I've been feeling so cruddy. He also works hard so he deserves a break. I'm taking a weekend in October and going to Chicago so I will get mine too!

I think while he's one Becky, Mallory and my girls are going to drive to see my brother-in-law Jason's grandmother. She is a fabulous lady and was recently diagnosed with lung cancer. It's unlikely she'll make it back to KC anytime soon in good health, so we're going to visit her. She loves my girls and we thought it would be nice for her to see them again. She hasn't seen them in person since they were very young. So I think that's our plans, as long as I am feeling okay. It's a couple hour drive there so we'll go up, visit, have some lunch and head back. Not bad hopefully.

Well I suppose I've rambled on enough, I should go find something to do. Right after I find somemore Tylenol for this darn headache.

0 comments: