Sunday, July 6, 2008

Summer Is Here!

Well this morning I meandered outside to let the dog out for his morning potty break. Bam! As soon as I opened the door the heat hit me. I was totally unprepared for this. The last few days were so nice and much cooler than it usually is in July. I think I was spoiled. That and the fact that I haven't watched the news in a week or more, so I haven't caught any weather either. My mom mentioned to me a few days ago that it was going to be getting warmer. I think I filed that far away into the back of my tiny pea brain and forgot all about it.

Oh man it was warm! I put the little girls down for what should have been "nap time". Which translates into a lot of giggling, jumping, talking, laughing, singing, clapping and a variety of other noisy activities, none of which involved any sleeping. Well, I take that back, Kamryn fell asleep about 20-minutes before I planned to spring them. Oh well, I figured even if they didn't go to sleep some "quiet time" would be good for us all. I was tired of the bickering and fussing amongst themselves. Kori was ready for a break from her constant harassing of them, it's a tough job you know. So I thought this was a good option for everyone. Jason was oblivious to it all as he was sleeping away upstairs.

Anyway Kori wanted to swim so I supervised from a lawn chair in my "wife beater" tank top, as my wonderful husband calls it. I wasn't doing it to make a fashion statement, I was just getting some color on my ghostly white skin. I had the book I'm reading with me and I thought I'd take advantage of some "me time". Unfortunately Kori asked me 1,923,682 questions so I think I really only read one paragraph, over and over and over.

Anyway when the little girls' quiet time was over, daddy donned his swimming trunks, they donned swim diapers and their swimming suits and in they all went. I leave you with these pictures of some pool time fun!

Aerial shot from the deck:


Alexis: (She happily just hangs out at the side of the pool)


Kori:


Morgan: (DEEP in thought studying all the foam letter she'd been so busy catching!)


Kamryn: (AKA DIVA!)

2 comments:

Liz said...

I can't get one to sleep in the crib let alone 3 so you are doing something right! I truly enjoy reading your blog.

Anonymous said...

How cute are those munchkins?? And big ole Jason in that pool.... that cracks me up! :)