Friday, August 1, 2008

The Weekend

The weekend is here. Jason is gone to the lake with some friends of his. There are about 14 of them. I have dubbed it the Boating, Beer and Bikini's weekend. My brother-in-law is with him as well so it's just the girls and I. He left this morning and will be home Sunday. He works hard and deserves a little break. I am going away to Chicago in October for a girls weekend, so I'll get some "me time" too. I baked him some cookies to take and got up to see him off this morning. He checked in earlier and is there, settled in and they were going to hit the water.

The girls were missing him already this morning. Tomorrow we're going to Iowa with my sister and niece to see her husbands grandmother who has lung cancer. She isn't up to traveling much anymore and she loves my girls so we're going to visit with her a bit. We'll drive up, visit and drive back. Hopefully all 5 of the girls will cooperate. I'll put the DVD players in later tonight. Becky got juice and snacks already so we're set there.

We're going to do some back to school shopping on Sunday for both Kori and my nephew Cody. His 16th birthday is coming up later this month, so we'll get some birthday stuff for him too. He's a fashion snob and is currently hung up on Hollister. The joys of having only Aunt's growing up. He's worse than a girl!

So that's in from here. Pray for me I don't lose my mind this weekend. Even if Jason were here he'd be working and sleeping, but it's different not having any extra hands around. Oh well, I will survive. (Cue the Gloria Gaynor song!)

0 comments: