Thursday, August 28, 2008

Teeth!

Well it didn't exactly go as planned, but Kori is now missing her two bottom teeth.

She came to me earlier in the week and proclaimed, "Mommy I am growing a new tooth!" Further inspection revealed a permanent tooth coming up behind her baby tooth. We worked hard on it, wiggling and wiggling over the next few days to no avail.

So I made an appointment for her for our dentist. She went today after school. After x-rays, which revealed the roots to the baby tooth were still completely in tact, it was decided to pull it. It was also determined that the tooth next to it would be suffering the same fate, so they pulled that one too.

She did FANTASTIC! No whining or drama! I was sooooo proud of her! She did awesome and the dentist told me to get her a milk shake on the way home. (I suspect this was so the cold of the ice cream could help with the bleeding etc. She enjoyed that although with her mouth numb she didn't feel that it was running down her face.

She's sleeping soundly and we get to play "tooth fairy" here in a bit.

My baby is growing up! Sniff, sniff! So I leave you with these pictures.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute! What's the going rate of tooth fairies these days?

Liz said...

Looks sore - what a big girl!

Mrs. Russ-a-lee said...

She got 3 gold dollar coins. The going rate will be $1.00 per tooth, but since her experience was a bit out of the norm, she got an extra $1.00