Monday, August 18, 2008

First Grade!





Today was the first day of school. Kori was excited and a bit anxious/nervous. She did great! There were a few small tears as I was leaving her after I walked her in. Of 23 students, there are 5 others from her class last year. She sits in between two boys she doesn't know and I think that, combined with the other "strangers" added to her nervousness. She recovered quickly and I left after blowing her a kiss and giving her my best encouraging smile. Dang this being a mom can be hard sometimes!

I was in a far better mental state this year than last. She knew NO ONE last year and she survived. I knew she had friends in her class from last year, plus she knows other teachers etc. now so that helped. No tears for me. I still just can't believe that she is in the 1st grade! How can it be? I still remember them putting her in my arms when she was born. I still remember crying my head off. So happy and thrilled to FINALLY have her in my arms! I remember my nephew coming in and being the 1st one to hold her besides Jason and I. I remember she greeted him by sticking out her tongue at him. I remember her going from crib to toddler bed, toddler bed to twin bed, tricycle to training wheels, training wheels to two wheels! How is it even possible that she's already in the 1st grade. **Sigh**

The trio, dog and cat missed her terribly. The dog kept watch in the hallway outside her bedroom door. The cat slept with Jason since her door was closed (to keep the 6 little hands/fingers out of her stuff) and he couldn't lay on her bed all day like usual. The girls asked about her right away. "Where Kori go?" I heard that SEVERAL times. They greeted her with "Yay Kori!" when I returned home with her.

She had a fantastic day! The car line pickup went much more smoothly this year than last so that was good. I was pleased to see her come out with a smile.

I'm tired! This getting up earlier is killing me. I still have insomnia so it's kicking my butt! Guess since I'm feeling tired I better hit the sheets!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at her!! Cutie all the way down to the painted fingernails. :o}

Hang in there, mom!