Monday, August 25, 2008



As some of you know, five years ago today my sister Margaret (Maggie or Mags) passed away. Born with severe congential heart defects, the tiny little one that was never supposed to live past the age of five, survived and lived life to the fullest until the age of 34. While her physical being is gone, her spiritual being is alive, and as big and full of the robust zest for life that only she had. I feel her around me and I know that she watches over us. I grieve because although I know she is in a far better place, free of pain and suffering, my world is not and will never be the same.

As a remembrance to her, allow me to tell you a bit about her.

Things she loved:

God
Sunflowers
Butterflies
Family
Soap Operas
Reading
Spinach & Artichoke Dip
Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
Music, ALL kinds!
Baseball
Tim McGraw
Family Get-togethers
Animals
Her pets, especially Harvey
Stylish Clothes
Shopping!
Shoes
Dancing



Things she did not like:

Bugs
Worms
Pears
Family drama
Being Sick
Being Treated Differently Than Others
Cleaning
Cooking


Those are some things just off the top of my head. I guess to sum it up, she was an amazing person. The best sister a girl could ask for. She was an incredible daughter, aunt, sister, wife and friend.

I wish I could say after 5-years the pain has lessened some, but that is definitely not the case.

I am thankful for the 30 years she was in my life, yet selfish enough for so many, many more.

1 comments:

Busy Baroness said...

I wish I was there to give you a hug!