Friday, September 28, 2007

CROTCHES

Do I have everyones attention now? I'm sure I do. This morning Kori was updating me on a story she told me a few weeks ago. The counselor at her school broke her foot while playing with her dog. Kori informed me in the car this morning while I was waiting to drop her off at school that the counselor still had to wear a special shoe, like Aunt Becky did (my sister had a broken bone in her foot and wore an orthopedic shoe for a while). She then said, "but she doesn't have to use her crotches anymore." Whew, good thing I suppose. I informed Kori politely that it was crutches. Which got an "Oh, crutches" response from her. Thankfully it was time for my hug and kiss before she hopped out of the car to go to school. That was about as long as I could hold my giggle. Can't imagine walking with the aid of crotches when you have a foot or leg problem, can you?

Not the picture to the right of my blog. I've hadded to add Mallory there. My "blog master" AKA my sister Becky, informed me that her picture should be there with my girls and not in one of my posts. Okay, I will do that for you my dear Becky. Because I love you and your daughter so!

I purchased a new outfit to wear out tomorrow when Jason and I go to celebrate our anniversary. Took Kori...aka Chatterbox with me. My sister met me at the mall too. Always a humbling experience to purchase clothes. Mind you my main "mommy uniform" is a sloppy shirt that I don't care gets slopped up with whatever substance happens to make it's way on my clothing and a pair of sloppy shorts. If I'm actually leaving the house for something other than taking Kori to and from school I do try and do better. I should clarify that is my summer uniform. My husband informed me that my winter uniform is the same sloppy shirts and sweat pants. Men! He should be thankful I am showered daily and shave my legs on occasion. Thankfully for him the Au Natural look just isn't for me. At any rate after much giggling and snickering on the behalf of the shopping girls I found an outfit that I am comfortable with. It's not a look I normally go for, but I am excited to wear. That's got to count for something right?

Pray for our sitter tomorrow evening. This will probably be the last we ever see of her. I can see it now. Jason and I several years from now saying, "Remember Chloann? She sure was a nice friend. Wonder where she disappeared too after she left our house and we never heard from her again?"

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable, that' s exactly what I was seeking for! You just saved me alot of work