Saturday, September 22, 2007

Wow!

For breakfast today we plowed through a doezen eggs, 1/2 a loaf of bread for toast and a 1/2 pound of ham which I fried. Yikes!

After breakfast I thought it would be a good idea to take the girls to the park. It was nice outside and Jason was off, so why not right? Well after getting everyone dressed, changed and in shoes and socks off we go. We get everyone loaded in the car and we're on our way. Great, that only took about 30 minutes. Oh the days when things were simple. We get to the park, load the girls in the choo-choo wagon and off we go to have fun. Oh wait, we have "clear" kids so we are in desperate need of sunscreen, darn this extra fair skin anyway! Okay, tack on another ten minutes for sunscreen application. We were two steps into the park when we see the pointing and hear the whispers, shouts, "awwwwwwws" and whatnot. My personal fave is "look they have triplets". This is always said in a whisper. Uh really, geez thanks for pointing that out, we had no idea! Anyway, we're learning to just ignore the dumb people when this happens. We put the girls in the swings, which is met with tears. How come I have the three kids on the planet that HATE to swing! It's a right of passage girls, I try and reassure them. They aren't having it. Morgan was content to roam around and have a grand ol' time. Kamryn and Alexis preferred the safe confines of the choo-choo wagon. Kori ran around like a butterfly flitting from one activity to the next. Life was good.

Now we get everyone home, changed and throw some lunch into them. They are now overtired and way ready for naps.

I am in the bathroom and I hear the doorbell ring. Jason had been outside so I tell Kori to peek and see who it is. "It's a girl mom and we don't know her". Jason finally comes up and hears the front storm door closing. He notices a girl walking off and our "NO SOLICITING" sign has been ripped partially of the door. WTF??? I hop in the van and drive down the street to have a chat with her about it. She informs me she is selling magazines for a charity that helps young people start their own businesses after high school. I asked her if they also teach them to damage the property of others. She denies it and say she was trying to stick it back on. Uh no, it was just fine five minutes before she came when I went out to get the mail! I am livid!!! I get the business name and address from her and come back. We call the police more to get her out of our subdivision. I follow a ways back in the van to keep an eye on her and she starts flipping me off. Real nice! I'm sure the fundraiser people will be proud to know they have a thug on their team! Long story short, we were reimbursed from the apologetic man in charge of the fundraising. Apparently they are in Texas and are here selling magazine subscriptions. Stay in Texas if your going to come and vandalize peoples property. Ugh! So angry still! The gall of people never ceases to amaze me.

Took Cody (my nephew) his clothes and corsage for Homecoming tonight. How can it be that my sweet nephew is 15, in high school and going to homecoming...with a GIRL! Oh where has the time gone???

The girls have all been bathed and are sleeping soundly. I think I'll curl up with Jason for a little TV before bed!

Hopefully tomorrow will be less "exciting"!

0 comments: