Tuesday, September 25, 2007

STUBBORN

If you asked my family and some of my friends to describe me in one word, I'm pretty sure this is the word that they would use. I would have to agree with them. I come from a long line of stubborn women, my mom probably being the most stubborn of them all!

Today I took the trio to the doctor for their 15-month check-up and shots. I tried to move it last week since it conflicted with Kori needing to be picked up from school. That was a no-go and the receptionist was a total crab when she told me it wasn't really an option. Okay, so I prepare for the trip and pray for the best. My mom could have gone I know, but I just hate to ask her for help. Her health is so not great. My dad has been having some issues this past week or so as well, so I just hate to burden them, even though this isn't how they see it. Jason volunteered to go and help me load everyone in and then leave when it was time to go and get Kori. He didn't get to bed until 8am and I hated to think of him getting up with only about 5 1/2 hours of sleep. I wouldn't ask my sister to take time off from work either and there just aren't many other options, so I just sucked it up and figured I just needed to do it.

We were doing great! Got all the girls fed lunch and down early so they got a great nap before going. I DEFINITELY didn't want to take grumpy kiddos to the doctor for shots, alone. I took Jason's mom to the airport. Got makeup on and hair fixed, dressed in clothes that didn't have body fluids of the littles on them. Had Cheerios and sippy cups fixed. Got everyone up and they were dressed already but got them in shoes and socks and changed and we were ready to go. Check the clock, HOORAY it's 2:00. Right on schedule! Uh, someone forgot to give Alexis the memo. She pooped! Change her, can I mention I hate jeans, shoes etc. when trying to change little ones in a hurry, they can be such a pain!

Halfway to the doctor's office a foul smell starts to permeate the car. I say, "Okay, who poopied?" to which my sweet Kamryn says "Me!". Too cute! She was correct, it was her. After the changing etc. the race was on to get everyone checked and weighed. Is it necessary they need to be undressed? I just worked so hard getting them dressed only a short while ago. Okay, okay, off come the clothes. Alexis is 22.1 lbs., 31 1/2 inches. Morgan is 29.10 lbs., 34 1/4 inches. Kamryn is 25.6 lbs., 34 inches. They are doing GREAT! Dr. Storm is always so thrilled to see them! On to the more unpleasant part of the visit. The shots...two of them each. Oh joy, oh joy! Morgan doesn't cry, as usual. The girl is TOUGH I tell ya! Alexis, bad news sister, your up next. A little whimpering. Extra nurse tries to hold her, uh not a good idea. Alexis gives her the "Back Off Sister" shriek and stands in between my legs where it's safe. Kamryn senses she's the next victim as soon as I lay her down on the table. She cries for only a short time. Whew, we all survived. Why am I sweating so much? Nerves, exertion? Who knows. Great, now I have to get every ones pants back on. I put the shirts on while we were waiting for the nurse to come with the needles of pain! The shoes...yep right in the wagon. I was not doing that again. No one was walking, the socks would do just fine. We pay, we get out of the building, everyone is happy. I feel victorious!!!!!! I did it!!! Woo hoo! Man, I'm tired. Hungry too...oh right, I forgot to eat lunch. I celebrate with a small cheeseburger from Wendy's and a big ol' Diet Coke.

We had horrendous storms last night! After falling asleep finally at 1:45 a.m., the storms get me up at 4am. Kori comes barrelling into bed with me at 4:47 a.m. The power goes out at 4:54 a.m. The room feels super stuffy at 5:03 a.m. FINALLY fall back to sleep at 6:15 a.m. Power back on (thank goodness) just before 8am. The ceiling fan stirring the stale air felt wonderful!!!! Did I mention that sump pumps don't work so good when the power is out? Listening now to the fan whirring away in the sub-basement as it dries out. Thankfully not much water came in.

Evening came with Alexis having a gross diaper! I'll spare the details...but it was gross. Kamryn thought it looked like a good idea and wanted to see if she could top her sister. They were equally gross. Everyone got cleaned up and fresh jammies. After a snack and Motrin for the trio, two stories, prayers and hugs for Kori, all four are sleeping soundly. Ahhhhhhhh!!!!

Well I should go and fold ANOTHER load of laundry. I'm thinking of starting International Naked Week. Naked = no clothes. No clothes = no laundry! I'm waiting for my washer and dryer to boycott someday! They are overworked and underpaid...as am I. What I lack for in money and material things however, I make up ten fold in love and adoration!

Happy early anniversary to my wonderful hubby! Nine years in only 30-minutes! Wow!!! Time flies when your having fun...or up to your elbows in kiddos! Life is good!

0 comments: