Sunday, September 23, 2007


Today we ran errands, Kori and I. Blach! I wasn't in the mood and made a bone-headed mistake. I get all excited at Target. They had diapers 2 for $15.00! What a deal! Much cheaper than what I get at Walmart. WRONG! They packs only contained 20 diapers! So forty diapers for $15.00! I get 88 at Walmart for $19.97 for something like that! I picked up the two packs that had 60 each in them...which would have been fine, but they were $17.50 each! What a knuckle-head! Read the signs Missy, read the signs! Needless to say I returned the Target diapers and got my normals from Walmart for the cheaper price. Smart? Not me!


We found Kori's costume for Halloween! The Wizard of Oz theme is coming together nicely! Kori will be Dorothy (complete with glittery red shoes - oh joy!), Morgan will be the tin-man, (or as we like to call her, the tin-girl!), Alexis will be the scarecrow and Kamryn will be the lion. Last but not least, my adorable niece Mallory will be the "wicked" witch. She's the cutest darn witch I've ever seen! It's going to be so cute! I have Kori and Kamryn's costumes now. Aunt Judy will make me a tin-girl one for Morgan and possibly Alexis's scarecrow one too. If not, I think I can whip up a scarecrow one pretty easily. I'm excited! I think it will be adorable!


Lots of company today! Becky and Mallory came over. Can I just say Mallory was adorable in her red polka dot dress and red glittery shoes! So sweet! Then Liz, Christy and Steve Faron came by on their way to take Christy to the airport. I miss seeing them! Life is so busy, I am often regretful that I am not a better friend. Christy is newly married and is now living in North Carolina with her husband Matt. She was in town for a wedding and wanted to stop by for a few minutes before heading to the airport to go back "home". I wish she were still here! It's funny it turned out like it did. Kori was just lamenting yesterday over the fact that Christy is far away now since she married Matt and moved away. She just doesn't understand why she's so far away. She's misses their lunch dates and rides in Christy's convertible Mustang. Oh man, does my kids have a love for those things thanks to "Aunt" Christy! While riding in the car there is never a trip we don't hear "Mustang" from the back where Kori is sitting. She loves them! She says often "I'm going to have a Mustang when I get older, then Cody will think I am so cool!" She doesn't understand that Cody is 10-years older than her and will probably never think she is cool, but I won't break her heart!
Jason headed back off to work tonight. Have I mentioned how sick of nights I am? It's been over two years now and I've totally hit the wall with it! I know if he were on days our life would be just as hectic, but at least I would have him here with us at night. I am so tired of sleeping alone! In the 9-years married and 11-years together, I bet we've only regularly slept together 1/2 of that, maybe less. For years we didn't have the same days off, now he's gone all night while I'm here sleeping. Blach! Tired of it! The transfer is in to days...now if someone would just leave and open up a spot for him. **Crossing my fingers!**
With the exception of a brief spell of "sleep talking" from Morgan all four girls are sleeping soundly in their beds. Kori sacked out right away. Jason checked on her five minutes after she went to bed and was amazed she was out so quickly! The trio went down easily and fell asleep quickly. The house is so quiet right now. Nothing stirring...just the soft music playing over the baby monitor. I do relish these times. The house is so hectic and crazy all day long, I enjoy the peace and quiet when everyone settles in for sleep.
I was amazed to feel around in Kamryn's mouth tonight to discover she has cut a molar! I knew (judging by the diapers we had last week yuck!) that teething issues were amongst us, but didn't know any were actually through. The bottom right one is completely through and the two top ones are just coming through. I can only hope the other two will teethe as effortlessly! Kori always did so I'm keeping my finger crossed.
Well I guess I will shower and retire for the night with a little reading!

0 comments: