Wednesday, September 26, 2007

It's My Anniversary

Wasn't that a song? Jason and I celebrated out 9-year anniversary today. Well celebrate is probably an overstatement. We did the usual stuff. It was a gorgeous day weather-wise! So crisp and clear and just gorgeous! Mid 70's, I was in heaven! We went to Cody's football game. It was close to us in Liberty so we thought we'd take advantage. Unfortunately they lost 20-0. I think that makes them 2-2 now. Oh well, the girls had a good time seeing my folks and Aunt Becky and Cousin Mallory, as well as enjoying the fresh air, so no harm there! We had a lovely anniversary dinner...at Arby's. Oh well, I didn't have to cook it at least. The girls did not have Arby's however. They aren't big french fry fans and there just isn't a lot there for them to eat.

Tonight is Jason's last day at work for 4-days. We are going on a date on Saturday!!!!! Woo hoo! We haven't been on a date in a while! There aren't a lot of babysitting offers beating down our door if you believe that. Our friend Chloann has volunteered to come and mind the herd. Kori is excited to spend time with them too! Chloann and Gianna came over today to visit. It was nice to have some adult interaction for a change. I think the girls enjoyed having someone different to make their own personal jungle gym.

The girls did GREAT sleeping last night. I always worry a bit after they've had their shots. They went down at 8:15 last night and fell right to sleep. Didn't hear a peep out of them until 9:30 this morning! Wow! They were happy and well rested when they woke up!

Can I vent a bit about school. Not the teachers or the school itself, the lack of involvement by parents for their kids sake. It is color week this week and next week. Each day being a different theme. I posted about it in a different blog. Today was blue day. I ask if everyone participated and of course Kori said no. There is one little girl who didn't participate on "Silly Sock Day" and has yet to participate in the themed color days. The school isn't asking you to go and buy new stuff. Doesn't everyone have SOMETHING blue? Jeans even for goodness sake! Did she wear them today...nope she wore a black skirt! Save that for black day! I mean seriously, are the parents not reading the notes and such that come home from school or are they just not making sure to get it done? So frustrating! This same little girl didn't bring a snack for the class on her designated day. It's TOTALLY not the students fault, I just get irritated when people don't make an effort for their children's sake. I would never want Kori to be embarassed because I forgot to do something. Okay rant over.

Well I should go tackle some more laundry. It never ends I tell you! Fear not dirty clothing, I come bearing warm sudsy water to clean thee!

0 comments: