Thursday, September 20, 2007

Shoes...

Jason decided today that we needed to go shopping for new running shoes. For him of course, not me. Everyone who knows me knows that I don't "run" anywhere. I may "run" to the store, or Walmart, or "run" to the kitchen for a soda or whatnot, but to actually RUN anywhere...not going to happen.

That being said after getting Kori off to school and getting the trio fed, changed, dressed and herded into the car we were off to the Legends for a little retail therapy. I must say shopping with Jason can be quite exhausting. He must look at each and every running shoe and weigh the pros and cons for each one. Of course we only look at black ones. While most people have many color options to choose from, my husband has only black, gray, navy and white. When it comes to shoes he only wears black. Occasionally they will have a splash of gray on them, or perhaps some white, but that's about it. He once bought some that had blue on them. He then decided after he wore them they had "too much blue on them" so he colored the blue with a black Sharpie marker...several times over several months. Strange. Anyway, we checked out the Adidas store...not a big enough selection of running shoes there. Huh? There were rows and rows of them. "Not enough of the ones with the springy things". Uh, okay sure. On to the next store. I mean, we've got nothing but time. Happy, dry kiddos riding in their choo-choo wagon, life is good. Into the Finish Line we go. The search is on. After several minutes of us "browsing" the trio begin to tire of their shopping so I take them for a little cruising in the wagon. After a while we come back to find daddy trying on a black pair of running shoes. What more could you ask for, they were black, they had springy things, all was right with the world, we made the purchase. Not bad, it only took about 45-minutes.

We had lunch at the Saddle Ranch Chop House. Interesting place! There were lots of tattoos and tank tops, nothing wrong with either I might add. There was also a mechanical bull. I saw this place on the last episode of Rock of Love (my most recent guilty pleasure!!!) and thought it looked interesting, so I was looking forward to checking it out. It wasn't too busy, that was good, easy accomodating us with our many kiddos. The food was pretty good and the kiddos were well behaved. Sigh...

Well I think I shall sign off and go fold another mound of laundry. It never ends! I think I shall enact a "Naked Day" at the Rusley house...perhaps a "Naked Week". Then I could enjoy several days without the laundry piling up. Could be scary for anyone who would happen to pop by, but I could give everyone substantial warning I suppose. Hmmmmmm....something to ponder.

0 comments: