Friday, September 21, 2007

Housework...

House cleaned - check! Kiddos in bed - check! Laundry done - in progress as we speak! Shower - check! So here we go!

How is it that it can take all day to clean a house, but only a few minutes to mess it up? Could be the six people we have living here, but whatever. I have cleaned again. Everyone has fresh sheets and blankies as well. Ahhhhh...sleeping on fresh sheets is the best. I also got to do something today that I know everyone in the world longs to do. I got to take a warm soapy rag and wipe all the snot marks off of my green micro-fiber furniture. Why when they have colds must they run their little noses up and down the sofa, chair, ottoman and throw pillows??? It looked like a slug had a hell of a time trekking across my furniture. Kids can be gross sometimes! Oh well, it has all been removed and everything is fresh and wonderful again.

I chuckled as I checked in on the girls before coming down. Kori sacked out and completely exhausted snoring softly. Morgan stirred a bit but settled back down to sleep. There was a tiny drool mark on the sheet where her mouth had been...all I'm gonna say is like father like daughter. :-) Kamryn was curled up on her side with her little chubby feet looking so cute. And then there was Alexis. Snoring softly, her little fuzzy hair sticking up in the back. I swear she reminded me of a brand new baby bird. She had the cutest little look on her face and her little hair sticking up, she was a little bird I tell you! So cute! It's times like that I can reflect on my life and see how truly blessed I am. When I'm vacuuming the kitchen floor for the millionth time of the day, or rubbing snot marks off the furniture, it's hard to recall those moments. They are all truly miraculous and wonderful to me!

Kori came home from Kindergarten today with a note. They are working on "mastering their colors". Uh, shouldn't kids in Kindergarten know their colors already? Okay, maybe that's just snobby of me, but seriously, shouldn't they??? At any rate for the next 10-school days, starting on Monday, there will be a theme color for the day. The kiddos must wear either a shirt or pants/shorts/skirt that is the color of the day. Oh great! I have to remember to send snacks when it's her snack day, put tennis shoes on her for P.E. days, not to mention every Friday is "red Friday". Today was silly sock day...egads, I can't keep it all straight. I have a dry-erase calendar on my refrigerator that looks like I am running plays in the NFL. I seriously need a legend or key like on a map so I know which is which and what means what. Gone are the days of cutting, coloring and pasting. Now I have to THINK about what color of the day it's going to be so I don't make her look like a loser if I forget. There have been a couple of kids that have forgotten it was their snack day. I would seriously die of embarassment for Kori if I did this, even though she probably wouldn't give it too much thought. So at any rate, Monday is purple day. Great, did I mention Kori wore a purple shirt today with purple feathered "silly socks"? We don't have a lot of purple, but I managed to find a shirt for Monday. I picked out shirts of the right color for the week and hung them in the front of the closet in an attempt to keep me on task and not screw this up. School is so hard!!!

Jason has returned from a night of off-duty at the "Octoberfest". Someone should tell the organizers it's still September. What's the point of having an "Octoberfest" when it's not in October???? How about calling it "Septemberfest". Oh well, everyone just goes there for the beer I'm sure anyway.

0 comments: