Sunday, October 4, 2009

Here!

I am, I swear it! It's been busy here as of late. Oh heck, when isn't it busy here? Never!!! I was sick with bronchitis for about 10-days and am finally feeling better. Jason has been getting adjusted (or the rest of us have I should say) to the new job. The hours are okay. Sometimes better than others, but at least he's here at night with me. I've slept better in the last 5-weeks or so than I have for the last four years. We've also had computer problems. It was in the shop for 4 days last week, only to get it back and discover it still isn't fixed. Grrrrr! Back to the shop tomorrow! BUMMER!

School is going good for Kori. She is doing great and having fun! So glad for that!

The little girls are doing well too! They are just turning into such little people. Bittersweet that my little babies are growing up.

Kamryn is so sassy and "adult-like". She longs to be just like her big sister. Her mouth gets her in trouble often. She likes to have her hair fixed and look her best at all times. A mini-Diva in the making for sure! She gives wonderful hugs and kisses though! Love the hugs where she plays with my hair. So sweet!

Alexis is the most dramatic. She cries...a lot. Sometimes over important things (like Morgan biting her --- yes we STILL do that occasionally!) and sometimes over some not-so-important things. Her favorite phrase lately is, "I CAN'T!" So SICK of those too words! She is also very loving and a snuggler for sure!

Morgan, oh Morgan. Some days so easy, some days, mostly likely to drive her mother insane. She gives the most wonderful hugs...when she feels like it. It must be on her terms for sure. She plays hard and passionately.

There are days when I find myself tired and stressed and ready to cry. Then at night when I check on them before bed they look so sweet and peaceful and I remind myself that tomorrow is a new day and all is well again.

I will keep reminding myself of that next week while Jason is out of town for work from Sunday-Friday. I will probably be bald and sipping margaritas 24-7 by Tuesday. LONG days with no breaks. I am not ashamed to say that I am NOT looking forward to it. We will survive though!!! I think. No, I'm kidding. We will! I hope. No, stop, I mean it, we will. Where's the tequila?????

My dad would have turned 66 on September 25th. I took my mom to lunch and to run a few errands with me that day to try and get her out of the house for a bit. Keep her busy you know? It was a rough day for us all. Hard to believe that my dad has been gone for five months almost now. Wow!

On September 26th, Jason and I celebrated our 11th year of marriage. We will go out for a nice dinner once he returns from training. I am sure I will be more than ready for it by then. 11 years! What an accomplishment! Hoping for so many more. Even though he drives me crazy often, I still love him more than words can express!!!

That being said I almost strangled him a couple of weeks ago. I had been sick for 10 days or so and decided to head to the doctor. Even though I was sick I still made a roast and some oven roasted potatoes and peas for dinner. I didn't eat before I left for the doctor and told him I would just eat when I got back. I got back around 8pm to find that my roast was gone. ALL of it! Not one piece left. Jason and the girls ate the whole darn thing. I could not believe it! I was able to chuckle (only a little) after a few days but I was really stunned that night to say the least. I guess I should be thankful that my family found it so delicious that they ate it all. It was a big roast, I was just surprised that there wasn't ANY left for me. My sister made one last week and was kind enough to bring me a big container over, complete with carrots and potatoes. It was DELICIOUS and I was so appreciative!!!

This past Friday my mom and I went to watch my nephew play football for school. They won and are now 6-0. They played Raytown South and they were the worst sports ever! Horrible sportsmanship! It was awful! Crotch grabbing! Heckling the fans! One player bit one of the players on my nephews team, causing him to bleed a lot. So much his parents are filing charges against the other player. So very sad to see, to say the least. I was glad to see that Fort Osage kept their cool and won with dignity and self-respect. What is WRONG with people sometimes???

Saturday it was the girls and I as Jason went to the KSU vs. ISU game with some buddies from his home town. We took my mom to dinner and then went by my sister's for a bit. It was nice to get out.

Today was AWESOME!!!! My sister and her in-laws invited me to go to the NASCAR race here in town at the Kansas Speedway. It was awesome and so much fun! We had track passes and everything. We got to go and see the cars up close, be on the track etc. It was so great! I am so thankful that they thought of me and my husband manned the ship so I could get away! It was wonderful! Beautiful weather, a good race, great company, perfect!

So that's it for us. I will do better! I promise! My sister has loaned me her lap top until our computer woes are sorted out, so that will help!

Can't believe another week gets underway tomorrow! That weekend went by FAST!

0 comments: