Monday, October 19, 2009

The Return

Well daddy has returned home to the fold! He actually got home on Friday afternoon while the girls were napping. They were sooooo happy to see him when they woke up. Morgan ran to get Alexis who was still sleeping and as soon as she drug her upstairs she proclaimed, "Ta-da, daddy is home!" Good times, good times.

Saturday we took the girls to pick out some pumpkins. They enjoyed the hayride, fried pies and apple cider. The weather was cool, but at least the sun peeked out at the end of the day.

Saturday night I met up with some old friends at Whiskey Tango. It has been 15-16 years since I've seen a few of them. What is amazing to me is that you can pick righ up where you left off without any weird or akwardness. It was a late night, but worth it! So much fun to catch up!

Sunday dawned sunny! Woo hoo!! So great to see the sun!!! The weather-man said the other day that it had been 170 hours since the sun had been out. Depressing! The girls got to play out for a bit, which they enjoyed. It is supposed to be warmer for the next few days which I well relish to the fullest extent, because I know it won't last long.

So that is it for us! I turned in early last night because I was pooped from my late night the night before. Amazingly, you actually pop right up in the morning when you get an adequate amount of sleep. Who knew?????

0 comments: