Monday, October 5, 2009

Dear Computer Guy

I took my computer in AGAIN today. It was in last Monday and I picked it up Thursday evening. Good as new...yeah right. If good as new was the fact it still wasn't working then yes, it was good as new.

So I take it in today and had to wait for him to roll in. Apparently the sign on his door that says 10:00-6:00 are just guidelines. He'll get there sometime around there. Oh right, more like 10:30 but whatever.

So I carry in the hard drive and he says, "What's it doing?" Uh, well it's not really what it's DOING, more of what it's NOT doing. It's doing NOTHING. Freezing up. Nothing. Can't check my email. Won't go anywhere on the internet. NOTHING.

He looks at me like I'm crazy and plugs it in to "see what's happening". Nothing is happening I assure him. Hmmmmm...looks like I'm right. So he then says there was info from Yahoo that we need the old browser uninstalled and a new updated one installed. Whatever, make it happen. Will it take a while? Nope I'll do it right now, only a few minutes. 30-minutes later I was informed that it was taking longer than expected and I could just leave it and he'd call me later. **Sigh**

Thankfully I have my sisters lap top so I am good to go until my computer is once again "as good as new". Fingers crossed that is really the case this time.

0 comments: