Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Clever

This morning was a marathon session of running the kiddos here and there. Out of the house at 9am for a 9:25 visit at the doctor for Kori to get her flu mist. Then we took her to school. Dropped something off to my sister. Ran in Michael's for a minute and then ended up back at the doctor for the little girls to get their flu mist. Whew! I was tired and it wasn't even 11:30 yet.

So the little girls are sitting on the exam table lined up so cute, patiently waiting. In walks the nurse and Alexis pipes up with, "Morgan is going first". The nurse kind of chuckle and said, "Okay, which one of you is Morgan?" Morgan looks around with an "Oh crap" look on her face and in her sweetest and most sincere voice says, "She is!" All the while pointing to Alexis. Alexis promptly corrected her and informed the nurse that she was very much indeed Alexis and NOT Morgan. It was too faunny! The nurse and I started cracking up! I did what any mother would do, I made them go in birth order. So Alexis first, then Morgan, than Kamryn. They all did excellent and we were off in a flash with our stickers in hand.

The day was busy, but actually not to bad. I am hanging in there in the single parent role. I am not relishing it or enjoying it much, but I am doing it, and feeling like I'm doing a great job. The kids are happy, the meals are cooked, the house is looking awesome, no problemo! I even ironed 117 pieces tonight. It took forver and it's done. For now. Until laundry day tomorrow. While I am "doing" it, I informed my husband tonight that I have ZERO INTENTION of EVER being a single mom so if he was thinking of dumping me, he can get it out of his head right now. I further informed him I would move in with him and whatever woman he tries to replace me with. He assured me this was not an issue but he would keep it in the back of his mind.

Toy pick-up went super smoothly tonight. It was done WITHOUT me asking, which NEVER happens. Bedtime was also smooth as well. Everyone got into their beds, didn't get out, and I only had to remind them to be quiet once. Now I would like to see this happen every day, but I am worried that God was just messing with me today. I fear that tomorrow I will get my butt kicked and kicked good! Praying that is not the case!

So onward and upward my peeps. I am now proud to say I have more days behind me than I do looming in front of me, so I think we're all going to make it.

That being said, I'd like to inform the sun that it is perfectly OKAY to come out of hiding. I don't think it's been out in well over a week. It's been cold and gray now for so long. Today rain came in and apparently it's going to stick around here for a few days. The "normal" high for this time of year should be 69. Our high today? Drum roll please.....brrrrrrrr....45! Boooooooo! I like a nice gray cozy day as much as anyone, but enough is enough. A little sun would be so nice!!!

I shall now crawl into bed and prepare battle for another day.

1 comments:

Liz said...

Well done Mommy but like you I am suspicious they are luring you in for the kill.