Thursday, October 8, 2009

Tuesday

Oh Tuesday you were cruel to me. On Tuesday I SERIOUSLY wanted to run away from home. It was a LONG, LONG, LONG day. BRUTAL! Jason had off-duty and then went on to work after that. The girls woke up grouchy and stayed that way ALL DAY LONG. Oh man, they were soooooo crabby. They were hitting, pinching, biting, scratching, screaming, crying, whining, fussing, griping. So basically if it ended in I-N-G, they were all over it. I was on the "naptime countdown" at breakfast. That sounds sad doesn't it? I couldn't wait for naptime to get here. I wasn't sure at a few points in the morning that we would all make it to naptime, but we did.

I prayed and prayed that when naptime was over the demons would awaken and be returned to a semi-angelic state. Uh, not so much. The previous I-N-G type things returned. Booooooo!!!!

Kori got off the bus grumpy and stayed that way all evening as well. So I found myself on the "bedtime countdown" too. Sad that all day long I was counting down the minutes until my kids would be sleeping and not causing a ruckus.

I told my husband that I used to think I was a great mom, then I had triplets and that whole perspective changed. Sometimes I get a nice big ol' dose of reality. It is rough! I informed my husband Tuesday night that if the girls were like that on Wednesday I would be running away from home and I was NOT kidding. He asked if he would be able to locate me, which I replied to that question with an unequiovcal, "Not a chance in HELL!" Oh it was rough.

Thankfully Wednesday dawned a new day. I awoke with a HORRENDOUS headache. Probably leftover stress and tension from Tuesday. I got Kori off to the busstop, made the girls breakfast and retreated to the couch. The girls were off to a good start. I told them that mommy had a headache and Kamryn brought me some sunglasses to wear. (Okay they were super small for me, but it's the thought that counts. Alexis asked why I still had my jacket on (I was FREEZING) and when I told her it was because I was cold, she covered me up with one of her prized "loveys". Awwwww, so sweet!

So the day was better, much better. Heck anything would have been better than Tuesday, and I didn't run away. Yet. :-)

That being said, on Sunday my dear husband leaves for a week of training for work in Iowa. To say that I am dreading this is the understatement of the year. He's gone away for a weekend here and there, only once since the trio arrived, and only a couple of times before when it was just Kori. But a couple days sounds a lot better than FIVE days! He will get back Friday evening sometime. I am so NOT looking forward to it. I can do it, I will do it, I don't have a choice. But all day, all night, 24/7 for 5 days without a break seems so daunting to me. It will be fine, but it will be tough. I have warned a couple of the neighbors if they see mee sitting on our front stoop crying with the world's biggest pitcher of Margarita's to think nothing of it. I have told my husband if he returns and the girls are here alone with a big bowl of food and water, to just know that it was more than I could handle and I'm halfway to somewhere.

All kidding aside, I am not looking forward to it but I'm trying to have a more positive outlook on it. I think it might help. Not really. No I'm kidding. Maybe. No I am. I think. Stop. Really. It will be fine. A beautiful disaster. Is it next Friday yet????

1 comments:

Liz said...

I seriously don't know how you do it there are days Mary makes me want to run away if I had her first instead of Courtney I would have never had more than one!