Thursday, October 15, 2009

She's Right...Kinda

I shall proceed this blog entry with an apology to my sister Becky. I am sorry, but it truly is too good to pass up. Love you!

Okay so yesterday I was talking to my sister. She has graciously offered to host my little girls, individually, for play-dates with my niece Mallory. She mentioned it a few weeks back, and since then Morgan has talked about it EVERY SINGLE DAY. There hasn't been a day that's passed since that she hasn't brought up "when I go to Becky's to play with Mallory". So we were discussing what day it should be. Today came up and I made sure my sister didn't want to get her housework done (she'd be grumping about needing to get it done). Well I assured her we could do the play-date on Tuesday and she could get her work done today. Well she told me she couldn't get it done on the days that Mal doesn't got to school. I joked with her, "You can't clean your house with your kids there, I do?" She then came back with something to the effect of yeah, but two of them are infant twins. Oh yeah, I've never cleaned with infant twins. Which is true. But I did clean with infant triplets. Silly girl! As soon as it came out I could tell she wanted to suck it back in and take it back, but it was already out that and fodder for my blog. It was priceless!!!

I was happily able to inform the girls today that daddy will be home TOMORROW!!! Yesterday was a rough day. I must have heard 2,342,937,432 (approximately) times "when is daddy coming home?", "is it Friday YET", "I miss daddy","daddy needs to get here NOW". By the end of the day I wanted to sew my own ears shut. It is hard to relay the concept of time (especially in complete days at a time) to three year old's. Usually I can break it down in how many movie or TV show's, but this is not the case. I don't think they'd totally get that daddy will be home in say, 75 Spongebob's, 4 Jungle Junctions, 5 Sesame Streets and a couple of Fresh Beat Bands. Oh well, we're at the 24-hour mark now so they are understanding now.

In retrospect, it has been an okay week. For all the dreading and worrying about it. I can say I did it and am coming out okay on the other side. No major issues. The house is still standing. The kids still love me. I even cleaned out their closets and dressers. I gave myself a little "to do list" for the week and as soon as I finish my little bit of housework that is left I will have completed the list.

I have been trying to come up with a week long training session for stay-at-home mom's that I might attend. Heck it could be for any moms. Speed Vacuuming. Dishwashing 101. Extreme Sheet Changing.

For now, I know one thing, I need a vacation.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Dad used to explain time to Andy and me by how many Sesame Streets and Mr. Rogers until whatever! Cute! :)

Christy