Monday, October 12, 2009

One Day At A Time

Okay, we're well into day #2 of "Operation Daddy Is Gone -- Let's Drive Mommy Completely Insane". Daddy left for Camp Dodge in Iowa yesterday around noon for a week of training. I tried clinching onto his leg and begging and pleading for him to stay, but he assured me that it was something that he had to do. So I let go, wiped my eyes and tried to regather some dignity. The girls did okay, but were super concerned this morning to find that Daddy was STILL gone. They talked to him at bedtime last night and on his lunch break today.

Yesterday DRUG by soooooooooo slow. I was glad to see that today went a little faster. Only three more full days left! I don't count Friday cause he'll be home Friday afternoon. Woo hooo! I know that I do it all most of the time alone, but it sure is nice knowing that he's in the same state as me if I need him. It's also nice having him home at night. I just don't sleep well when he's gone. It's a subconscious thing I think about worrying that everything that needs to be done is on my shoulders should anything happen. Oh well, Friday will get here and we will survive.

Today we took my mom to Walmart and then had a burger out at Culver's. Only about an hour until bedtime and then I can regain a bit more of my insanity that I've lost various places throughout the day.

0 comments: