Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I Should Be...

Enjoying a nice quiet lunch. Unfortunately that isn't the case, and won't be until aruond 6 or 7 tomorrow night. I am scheduled for a colonoscopy tomorrow and I am now on a liquid diet. FUN! NOT! I got to eat breakfast this morning (never my favorite meal) so I choked down some cereal and toast. (I was to avoid gravy, meat and donuts per my instructions that came via mail -- I was thinking a nice gravy filled donut topped with chopped meat sounds yummy!) At any rate I can now drink pretty much anything I want as long as it is clear. I am encouraged to drink 8oz. at least, every hour. I can have broth and jello (no red or purple please) which sounds oh so tasty! I did make myself a big bowl of orange jello (it's my fave!) to have for my "dinner" later. Oh man it's going to be rough! I have to take 4 Dulcolax pills at 4pm and then at 6pm start drinking Gatorade (64 oz) that has been mixed with 238 grams of Miralax powder. OH MY STARS! This doesn't sound fun and lucky for you I will spare you the gory details. Just know I am hungry now, I will be hungry later and I can't wait to get this over with. Any spare prayers you have would be GREATLY appreciated!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me assure you, the prep is by far the very worst part. (And I thought it was horrible). But, the exam was absolutely nothing. xoxoxox Liz

Liz said...

DH had it done twice same comment as PP the prep is the worst then its all downhill!