Monday, September 15, 2008

Alive

I am alive. After a HORRIBLE battle with Clostridum Difficile Colitis, or C-Diff, I am back. I don't know that I have ever been so sick in all my life. It is a bacterial infection of your intestines/colon. It apparently was caused due to the antibiotics that I was on for my post-op bacterial infection in my sinuses after surgery. The antibiotic killed the "good bacteria" in my system, which allowed the colitis to run rampant.

I am not one to give up, but Monday I informed Jason all his meetings/off-duty/regular work would have to be cancelled. I was in bed all day Monday, 3/4 of Tuesday,a good chunk of Wednesday after I returned from the doctor. Thursday I was certain I was not going to make it, but by evening time I was doing better.

We made it to Iowa on Friday/Saturday to celebrate Jason's grandpa Marvin's 90th birthday. Thankfully the drive up and back (4-hours each way) was uneventful and for that I'm grateful.

So I am around and will return to my "normal" life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are doing better and ready to return to your "normal" life. Liz

Carrie said...

Glad you are feeling better. 14 days!

Anonymous said...

I have had many patients who have cdiff... No fun!!!
Christy