Sunday, November 4, 2007

Stop!




First things first, I about wrecked my van on Halloween when flipping through the radio channels I stumbled on one that was playing CHRISTMAS MUSIC! Are you kidding me? I thought it was a fluke, but nope, it's a constant thing now through Christmas. It's crazy! I like Christmas, the music and all things associated with it. But two months of the music is too much for even me. I mean, there are only so many songs and they are just sung by different people over and over and over...it's crazy! That being said, things are too busy around here lately! Life is too crazy sometimes! Let me try and recap it all to catch it all up.

Last Monday I had to take Kori's snack in as it was her designated snack day for school. What does my sweet child want? Cheez-Its? Nope. Crackers and cheese cubes? "We did that LAST time mommy". Little Debbie snack cakes? Uh no. Fruit kabobs! Yep you read that right. So I had to do them that morning and take them to school so they didn't get all brown and yucky. I did pineapple, strawberries, kiwi, grapes and cheese cubes. I stuck an extra grape on the end so no one would be stabbed with the skewers. Hey, they're Kindergartners, you never know. I also took two containers of Hy-Vee's fruit dip (it is sooooo yummy if you've never tried it). It went over well and seemed to be a hit. There were a few extra so they shared with the other Kindergarten teachers too. Kori was so cute when she got in the car that afternoon. She said "the fruit was a hit mom, thanks!" Ahhhh...words to a mothers ears huh?

Wednesday I had to go and help with her class party at 2:30. There were three other moms as well. I was in charge of drinks and took Sprite at the request of the mom who was captain of the party. I helped with the craft to make sure there wasn't any excessive glue use. I also helped during the bingo game to make sure everyone was getting the right pictures marked off. It was a lot of fun and Kori was super happy to have me there. I fixed all the kids little treat sacks to take as well. I tried to not put in a bunch of candy. I put in some Cheetos, fruit snacks, a Halloween pencil, one piece of chocolate, a roll of Smarties and a Tootsie Pop that I turned into little ghosts with a Kleenex, some yarn and the help of a Sharpie marker to make a little ghostly face. I feel so sorry for some of the kiddos in their class. They look like their hair could use a nice shampooing, not to mention a session with the brush. Their clothes are in need of some Pre-treating before laundering and a definite date with the iron. One of the little girls came and told me "hi Kori's mommy". Then she came up later and asked me if she could give me a hug. How can you say no to that???? I gave her a nice big hug. It just makes me so sad sometimes.

Thursday was the Mystery Sound Game. They had to take an item in that made noise (Kori took a stuffed rabbit that makes a boingy sound) in a brown paper bag and the other kids had to try and guess what it was. Of course there were LOTS of kids that didn't participate. The same ones that usually don't participate. It just frustrates me that parents don't try harder. Like Jason said when we were leaving conferences last week. "If doesn't matter what kind of life you had or how you grew up, being a parent is your way to do it right and make a difference for your kids". Oh so true!

Friday was hat day to celebrate the letter H. Kori wore her Super Girl pink baseball hat. She looked so cute bouncing into school that morning.

We survived trick or treating. We went out with my sister, brother-in-law, Jason (complete with creepy make up on his face--he's such a kid at heart!), my niece Mallory AKA the Wicked Witch, the trio or as we called them all night, the lion, scare crow and tin girl. Kori made an adorable Dorothy, complete with red sparkly shoes. My brother-in-laws mom went with us too as she was dying to see the girls. We were the hit of the neighborhood. We had people stopping us on the sidewalk to take pictures, people stopping their cars as they were driving by, people coming out of their houses. It was adorable and the girls all had a blast. Kamryn managed to eat her way through the wrapper of a Kit Kat and was thoroughly enjoying the chocolate. Gotta come up with something creative for next year. Mallory caught on quick with how it all worked. She mastered "trick or treat" quickly as well as her thank you before leaving. It was so cute! While it's not my favorite holiday, I do enjoy seeing it through the eyes of my own kids, as well as those of Mallory's.

Today Kori and I went on a "date". We went to see The Bee Movie. It was really cute and we enjoyed it so much! It was nice to do something fun, just the two of us.

I ordered Steeler's gear tonight in preparation for our family photos later this month. It should be fun! At least that's what I keep telling myself.

Kamryn has her appointment on Friday with the Physical Therapy department at Children's Mercy on Friday. Praying it's nothing at all, or something very simple.

I am going to try and be better about staying on top of things this week. We'll cross our fingers and see how it goes. I am posting some pics from Oz, enjoy!

0 comments: