Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Brrrrr....

It was 75 yesterday before a cold front moved in. Now it's in the 30's (maybe 20's by now) and it's FREEZING! It snowed a little today too. Sure makes it easier to get in the holiday spirit I suppose.

Today was spent getting ready for tomorrow. The baked beans are all mixed up and ready to bake tomorrow, as well as the sweet potatoes. I made an apple pie for Jason and my mom made two pumpkin pies. We got the cranberry sauce and olives in bowls, covered and in the refrigerator. I made strawberry pretzel salad. I also made chili for dinner tonight. It was a perfect night for it. So the basics are done. I've freshened bathrooms, vacuumed etc. so the house is in order. I'm tired. I feel super drained because my darn cold is back with a vengeance. I got new cold medicine today at Target because I'm at my wits end. I was up until after 3am last night coughing and unable to breathe. It was so frustrating. Thankfully my wonderful children slept in until 10:15 this morning! It felt like heaven I tell ya!

Yesterday was Grandparents Day at Kori's school. My mom and dad went up to attend. It was a little chaotic and unorganized, but Kori didn't notice and was THRILLED to have Nanie and Pop-A there.

In the afternoon I took up pumpkin pies and helped serve at their Thanksgiving Feast. It was so adorable! Kori's class dressed in Indian costumes and Ms. Weber;s (she's another Kindergarten teacher) class dressed as pilgrims. The kids sang a few songs and such and it was really cute! The kids were served turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce as well as dried cranberries, corn, green beans, a roll and pumpkin pie with Cool Whip. The deal was they had to at least try everything. Some kids ate everything on their plate, some just picked at certain things. It was really fun to be involved. I think Ms. Phillips was ready for the day to be over. It was very busy and had to be frazzling! I told her she should go out for a margarita after work. I brought Kori home with me a bit early, but I didn't want to have to turn around and drive back to get her 10-15 minutes after I got home. She has enjoyed day #1 of her Thanksgiving break.

Yesterday I got a new vacuum cleaner as well. Not exciting for some, but very exciting for me! I'm a freak like that I guess. I got a Bissell Healthy Home vacuum. Supposedly it traps more allergens and such and puts out freshened/cleaned air. I like it so far. It's bag less which is great! My Eureka was good and lasted about 6-years so I can't complain. I do like a good vacuum, especially with 4 kiddos, one messy hubby, a dog who sheds and a cat. It's a good thing!

Well I think I've had enough for one day, I'm off to retire for the night. Tomorrow will be busy, fun but busy. I have so many things to be thankful for!

0 comments: