Tuesday, November 27, 2007

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree...

You give me many headaches. Kori had been begging, Jason and I had been procrastinating, but it's up. We've had one casualty in the way of a green ball. It was dropped on the tile by Alexis today and went to "Christmas ball heaven" with many of his friends. Not bad. It's been 24-hours and only one casualty. It's been redecorated a few times but I'm hoping that it will soon lose interest. It will right? Sure. Right? Oh heck, who am I kidding. I can go and buy a super yard (think baby gate constructed mini-cage/farm fence etc.) to go around it, but I'd just like them to learn to look and not touch. Is that too much to ask? It's not right? Right. Oh heck, who am I kidding. Nothing says warm and cozy holidays like a farm pen around your tree in your living room huh?

It's a better option than what my mom had. She suggested we skip a tree this year. Oh yeah, sure mom. That will go over GREAT with Kori. She'd be ready to box up the girls and ship them out somewhere. I like to think that she's adjusted well to having three sisters all at once, I think that might be enough to push her over the edge. I don't care if I say "No, no (insert applicable babies name here) don't touch the tree. It's pretty, just for looking not touching" a million times a day, there's no way I wasn't having one.

Jason thought he'd try starting a new tradition this year. He suggested we put it up on Christmas Eve. Sounded good to me. We were vetoed by the Christmas judge (AKA Kori) who insisted it need to go up pronto.

So it's there, able to relax for now. Only about 9-more hours before I unleash the tree attacking toddlers.

0 comments: