Monday, October 6, 2008

I am here!!!

Please accept my apologies for my absence. Life as usual is crazy!!!! I was out of town this past weekend to Chicago! It was a great trip! I met up with a bunch of wonderful ladies and had an awesome time. Jason stayed home and manned the ship here, taking awesome care of the girls! It was nice to only be responsible for myself for a couple of days. I've never traveled without my hubby and only once away from Kori and that was in 2004 when Jason and I went to Vegas with my sister and brother-in-law. I've never been away from the little girls. It was hard at first to think about it. I had some severe mommy guilt, but I am so glad I did it. My sister traveled with me and she had fun as well.

The ladies I met with are people I have befriended on an on-line parenting forum. There were seven of us total. It was hard to believe we hadn't met in person previously because things seemed to "normal" and relaxed. Of the five other ladies that went, four of them have twins. It's always nice to meet up with other multiple mommas. We came from all over the U.S. and we had a blast! Thanks for a great time!

I will try and upload some pictures tomorrow.

Jason was a witness in the "Precious Doe" trial today. For those that don't know in April of 2001 the headless body of a 3-year old girl was found by my husband in the area where he worked at the time as a patrol officer. After about 4-years she was finally identified and her killers were located and charged. Seven years later her step-father is on trial for her murder. My husband has worked hard to supress those horrible memories from 7-years ago but they were all brought up to the surface again today. I am hopeful that the jury convicts this monster and some sort of justice, although it will never be enough, will be rendered for this beautiful little girl who touched my husbands life to much. After getting home this afternoon from the trial he hugged our girls extra tight. Hard to think that he sees the worst of the worst, is treated not so great by the community and even at times by his own department, and yet still does the job with as much heart and commitment as had 13-years ago. I am so proud of him, I hope that shows.

On a little happier note, my sister called to inform me last night that her and my brother-in-law will welcome a new addition to their family in June of 2009. My sister is pregnant with their 2nd child. So 12th time I will become an aunt. I'm starting to feel old! Here's to a boring and uneventful pregnancy Becky! May your morning sickness be sparse and your calories many! I will remind you when you complain how badly you wanted this, hey that's my job you know! Kori is hoping for a girl, my nephew is begging for another boy. I too hope it's a girl as Cody is doing a great job being the only boy cousin even if he says he hates it. :-)

Kori is doing great in school! She is having loads of fun playing with her new American Girl doll I got for her in Chicago. They are pricey but very cute. The littles are enjoying playing with their stuffed Mickey and Minnie Mouse dolls, they go everywhere with them. It's cute to watch them tote them around. They are snuffly and coughy, I don't know if it's allergies or if they caught Kori's junk from last week. Whatever it is I hope this is the worst of it and it goes away soon.

So in a nutshell, that's about it for me. I will try and resume a more frequent posting schedule. Thanks for your patience!

3 comments:

Muskie Mom said...

It was so great to meet you in person. You and your sister are great people and are hilarious, you made me laugh all weekend.

Congrats to Becky, YAY!

Glad you made it home safely and that you enjoyed the weekend.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you got to have a weekend away. It's pretty bad when you know the only times you've done so. :-) You deserved every moment of "freedom". xoxox Liz

Kirsten and Cory said...

Awww...so sorry that I did not get to meet all of you in person! You may not know this, but I think of you everytime I get overwhelmed with two, then I wonder how you do it with three! You are my hero!;)