Monday, October 13, 2008

I HATE Mondays!

My sister passed away on a Monday. From that day on I have always despised Mondays. They were never my favorite day, but that only increased my dislike for it.

Seems bad news always rears it's ugly head on Monday's, today was no different.

As I checked my email this morning, I read the daily newsletter from work (well where I used to work and where Jason works now) at any rate, I was completely shocked to read that one of the officers, one of my all time favorites, is battling lung cancer that has spread to his brain. Oh man! My mouth fell open and the tears just started flowing. It just isn't fair. Life isn't fair, I know that, but man. I'm at a loss to sum up my feelings. So stunned, sad, bitter. I regress, life isn't fair.

After getting that news, I called my mom to check on her and my dad. My mom hasn't been feeling well the last couple of days and my dad was having a not so great day yesterday either so I thought I'd better check in. I no sooner got out "hello" to my mom when in between her tears, she relayed that her very best friend Dorothy had passed away.

My mom and Dorothy have been friends since the 3rd grade. They've stayed in touch over the years, even though Dorothy and her family relocated to Texas. They had many, many, many late night phone conversations, as that was when they preferred to chat. Late at night, when both their houses were quiet and the chances of getting interrupted were decreased.

Dorothy suffered a massive stroke a couple of weeks ago. Things were looking better until a few days ago. Apparently the blood thinner she was on was causing internal bleeding, once they stopped those to stop the bleeding, she had two more strokes and her organs began to shut down. Dorothy was grieving the loss of her husband two years ago and longed to go and be with him. For that, I am thankful she got her wish. I am sad my mom has lost such a good friend, and on a Monday no less.

Dang, I hate Mondays.

0 comments: