Thursday, October 9, 2008

Things To Make You Go Hmmmm...

Why is it my kiddos will jump, squeal, giggle, play, laugh, yell, etc. when put down for a nap, and then fall asleep 10-minutes before nap time is over?

Why are they grouchy with ME when this happens? It's not my fault, I put them down so that they could have had a two-hour nap, but the frolicking interrupted the sleeping. Yesterday I got to drag Alexis kicking and screaming to the car to go and pick up Kori from school as she was NOT happy that her 20-minute nap was over. Once again, NOT MY PROBLEM!

Why do my kids point out when they have poopied, etc. but then run from me when I go to change them???

Why must Morgan wake up at 2, 3, or 4 am (it's been varying over the last couple of weeks) and yell for no reason? Why must she wake up everyone else?

Why does Kori yell when she says anything, but when I say, it's time for a bath, pick up your toys, get ready for bed etc., I get "stop yelling at me", when I never even raised my voice???



Just a few things to ponder. Kids can be so puzzling at times.

On a good note we went to Olive Garden for dinner last night (thanks for the idea Jason I needed a break from cooking!). During the meal I noticed an older lady a couple of tables over who kept staring the whole meal. I figured maybe she wasn't a fan of kids and she was worried we would interrupt the calm and quiet meal she was trying to have. Well after she finished she came up to tell me that Jason and I had the most beautiful and well behaved family she'd seen in a LONG time. Man, that felt good! My girls do great in restaurants. We only had one "not so great" experience where two of the three wanted to be held the whole meal instead of sitting in their high chairs so that's not bad. It's nice that others notice and don't mind sharing. Sure beats the other comments we get, "Oh man, triple the trouble!", "You got your hands full", "TRIPLETS????", "Did you have them vaginally?" (yes someone has said that to me before!), "Did you breastfeed ALL of them?". So it was a nice break for someone to just be "normal".

I celebrated by ordering a piece of the pumpkin cheesecake, to go. Kori and I shared it later. Yummy!

1 comments:

Liz said...

Mary does the poop and run too.