Monday, June 2, 2008

My Birthday


Was 5/30 and it was a wonderful day! I got to sleep in! I had birthday cake for breakfast! I had a facial, which if you've never had one, you MUST! It was the most wonderful and relaxing thing EVER! I was so relaxed when I was done ( 1 1/2 hours later) that I thought for sure I'd never be able to drive home.

I got home and showered and "fixed myself up" so that Jason and I could go on a date. BIG thanks to Aunt Becky for tending to the herd, along with her little one, so that we could go out. We plied them with pizza and fled like bandits!

We went to Harrah's for the "All You Can Eat Crab Leg Buffet". Now I'm not a fan of crab legs, as a matter of fact I am pretty sure I was the only person there NOT eating them. I had to fuss at my hubby a couple of times as he was plowing through his because he kept flinging crab juice on me. That stuff is S-M-E-L-L-Y!!!!

After dinner we headed off to a movie. We saw What Happens In Vegas with Ashton Kutcher and Cameron Diaz. A funny, light comedy, just what we needed! It was a great night! It's nice after almost 12 years together and 10 years married, I still enjoy hanging out with my hubby, who happens to also be my best friend.

Kori was wounded during our outing however. She decided it would be a good idea to jump on the couch and fell off. She banged up her shoulder pretty good on the coffee table and now is sporting a nice bruise that has a lot of different colors in it's make-up. She learned a valuable lesson, one that she already knew...we don't jump on the furniture.

During the movie I texted my sister to make sure all was well. She informed me the little girls were almost asleep. They had been in bed for quite sometime, but they were busy "pretend barfing". That made Jason and I crack up when we read her return text. Only my kids would be in there making fake retching sounds. Usually they meow or bark at one another, guess they were mixing it up.

So now I am 35. Blah! Oh well, it was a great day and a great night, so I can't complain!

I am adding a picture that Kori took. I was sitting on the arm of the chair which is why I look so short and Jason so tall. Not to mention our photographer is a bit short for shooting a picture from the perfect angle. I think my sister has a better one...maybe she'll send it to me. (Hint hint!)

0 comments: