Monday, June 16, 2008

TWO years???

Seriously has it been two years since I welcomed my wonderful, beautiful, perfect miracle trio into this world??? Well techincally it's been two years and one day now, but still. Where has the time gone? As I type this I am listening to said trio NOT taking a nap. There is a lot of jumping, laughing, gabbing, giggling etc. going on, but not much sleeping. **Sigh**

The girls party Saturday went well. Not a huge turnout, but that's another story. We kept it to family this year. We did Mickey Mouse Clubhouse as our theme. We grilled out hot dogs, sausages and brats. We had potato salad, pasta salad, chips/dip, veggies/dip and cake and ice cream. The girls had fun and enjoyed their presents a lot. If it would quit raining we'd enjoy our playhouse, picnic table, bubble mowers and new tricycles a bit more. They got LOTS of stuff and are waaaaaay too spoiled. My dad got sick the morning of the party and was unable to attend. He was bummed, and we were bummed he couldn't be here, but we know if he could have been here he sure would have. Jasons dad and step-mom, and his mom didn't come for whatever reason. But we enjoyed having those that were here to celebrate my girls!

Aunt Becky and Cousin Mallory stayed late so the girls could all keep on playing. Then it was directly into the baths for all of them. There were some serious dirt rings in my tub afterward!

Hard to believe that this time two years ago I was anxious to get to the NICU to see the girls. I couldn't visit them the first day as I still had my catheter in. I was also dealing with the fact that I felt like my innerds were going to come tumbling out of my stomach. I am still not very happy with my sister Becky for ensuring me that c-sections were "easy" and "no big deal". I've had it the "old fashioned" way and I MUCH prefer that way! C-sections stink!!!

My life, while busier and more hectic than ever, would never have been the same without these beautiful girls in it! (I'll post pictures later!)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time, M!
I am not sure of the word but it makes ya almost nostalgic to look back, doesn't it? All the emotions *sigh* -- gotta go grab a Kleenex.