Sunday, March 30, 2008

Today

I felt like I was a great mom. It's a great feeling. Much better than the days I go to bed kicking myself over my shortcomings. I made the girls and I biscuits and gravy, bacon and scrambled eggs for breakfast. I did some laundry while the girls all played together...all four of them! They played Barbies and it was toooo cute! Kori is really starting to enjoy the girls more as they become more and more interactive with her.

I got out Kori's Little Tykes kitchen and set it up in the family room. They all had a great time playing restaurant. Kori made up a menu and set up her little table and chairs. It warmed my heart to watch them all play.

The weather was decent today so I decided to load the girls up in their choo-choo wagon and go for a walk. Kori was thrilled to ride her bike! After we got home we played in the front for a little while. We played ball and then broke out the sidewalk chalk. I find that you can't relax for one second as you always have to keep a head count to make sure the little ones are staying where they need to be. I must never forget how fast they can be! Maria our neighbor's daughter came out and saw us and came over and helped me keep everyone herded up. I will keep her in mind for this summer. Maybe I can pay her a bit to help out on occasion. She's in the 7th or 8th grade and is a nice girl, so we shall see.

We played in the back on the little playset that was given to us by one of Jason's friends last year. It has a bigger slide and a small one. The girls thought that was a blast. They were so sad when we had to come in. Some PB&J sammies and some cheese crackers helped them get a little happier though.

Jason had softball tonight so the girls and I were on our own for dinner. I started homemade spaghetti sauce earlier in the afternoon so we were set. I also made a key lime pie for dessert. It was sooooo tasty! Cleaned up that mess and then put the four dirty girls in the tub.

The trio went down at just before 8, Kori at a bit after 9 and the house was quiet. I caught my breath and felt great about how the day had gone. Have I mentioned how rare that is? I don't think I had to fuss at anyone today...oh man was that a GREAT feeling!

I think I'll go to bed...with a big ol' smile on my face.

0 comments: