Wednesday, March 26, 2008

My Wedding Ring Tale

Last Monday night I had to run a few errands before we left for Minneapolis the next day. Of course my luck, everywhere I went there was only one checker and that person was S-L-O-W! Anyway, I finally got home and Jason had the trio in the tub (Kori had been with me). I took off my wedding band and engagement ring so I could lotion/diaper/dress the crew without scratching them up and gunking up my rings with lotion.

Fast forward to about 4am when I was STILL lying there awake and I was trying to remember what I had done with my rings. I was quite certain that I had put them in the little jewelry dish I keep on my vanity top.

Well the next morning we were getting ready to go and I couldn't find my rings. They weren't in the dish on the vanity, they weren't in the little clay pot Kori made me at school that is in the kitchen window on the window sill. They weren't on the shelf in Kori's bathroom. Those are the only three places I put them.

We all looked high and low. I kept asking the girls if they'd seen mommy's rings. Morgan kept saying "yeah wings". I'd ask her where are they, to which I got "I no know". Well there was NO WAY I was leaving without my rings. My gut just told me not to. I was nauseous and so upset.

Then I remembered...OH NO! I put them on my nightstand, not in the little dish on the vanity top, out of the way of little hands. OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! They could be anywhere!

I informed my husband there was no way I was leaving without my rings, no matter what. I then told him I was going to check the trash. He said he'd do it and he did. Now mind you it was our trash day and our trash was sitting OUT ON THE CURB!!!! He was gone about three minutes and in he walked...WITH MY RINGS!

Yep, you guessed it. One of the wee little ones had thrown them away!!!! Oh man, I am soooooo lucky! I have learned a valuable lesson. NEVER put your rings within the reach of the little ones.

The delay in locating my rings put us about 45-minutes late in getting on the road, but that's okay. I have my rings back!

0 comments: